cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone like not working.

Zamzam

Recently moved from talktalk to bt, in early Feb.  I requested they moved my number over as it’s a business number used on all packaging etc.

The number has never worked.  Only the broadband works.  No one mentioned during the transfer or by the installation engineer, that this would be a digital line.  The engineer just said the line would work in a few hours.

I have spent countless hours on the phone getting absolutely no where.  The call centre is in India.  While they are helpful, I’m afraid they don’t know what they are doing and following a script.   I have been sent a ATA adaptor after complaining  to try with my existing analogue phones.  Didn’t work.   I was advised to purchase a yealink phone myself and again that didn’t work.  The BT cloud app is  also a joke, which doesn’t always work.

ive been promised an engineer visit and also another cloud phone, but it’s clearly a problem on the BT side and nothing to do with the equipment I have.

Reading on this forum, it’s looks like a huge problem for many businesses.  I think this is frankly a disgrace and I would never have moved across to BT,  if this was the case.

I’m aware these lines will all go digital by next year, but why do business have to suffer the problems in the meanwhile.

4 REPLIES 4

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Zamzam

I'm sorry your phone line isn't working. Can you please send over some account details via private message so I can look into this?

^BethM

Zamzam

Raising a complaint has got me absolutely nowhere.  Countless hours wasted on the phone or webchat.  Get different messages from different people on the chat and on the phone.    The latest is I have to purchase a digital phone from BT themselves.  I was advised to purchase a phone myself.  Never was it mentioned at any point I had to buy a phone from BT.   The one I purchased is not on their system and 'cant be added'.  Seems like a conflict of interest.   So every customer who moves to a digital line has to purchase a phone from BT?

Zamzam

So still have no phone line since early Feb.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Zamzam

I can see Stuart is dealing with your complaint. He will be in touch.

^BethM