cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting house number to other business location

RedSquirrel

Hello,

Slightly unusual situation but we are looking to keep our landline number which has become associated with our business since day 1 - Now as the business has grown bigger we need to move this number to another physical location where the business now resides with a Voip supplier (Not BT).

We obviously don't want to lose our broadband service in our household which is related to this number, but we are willing to change it to any landline number issued as a replacement.

Can anyone suggest how we go around this or is there a particular service this is called? We are currently a BT business customer.

I have been informed by the Voip supplier we may need to install a second line to our house then they request to port out the original number from BT - meaning there would be an overlap and no loss of broadband?

Thanks for any help!

7 REPLIES 7

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi RedSquirrel

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you want to port the number onto VOIP so you can use it at another location? And this number is currently attached to an analogue line you have broadband on?

Does the VOIP supplier you're moving to require the number to be on an active line for you to port it over? 

^BethM

Hello,

Basically we wish to move our current phone line (001 for example) which is used for business calls/broadband at our house to another line which is at the businesses physical location. This location also currently has a BT business line phone/broadband (002) - we do not care about keeping its current number (002) as its only used for broadband, we wish to swap it with the 001 number using the Voip provider.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

OK, do you know if the VOIP provider you use needs the 001 number to be live and active for you to port it over to them?

^BethM

This is something I am not sure of - Does this effect our options available?

We obviously wish to do this with as less disruption at both ends as possible! 🙂

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

It really just would change how you do things in terms of orders.

The other thing that could impact how you arrange things would be if you were in contract at all for either broadband - can you send me a private message with some account details and I can check this for you? 

^BethM

Sent you a PM. Thanks!

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, just looking over it now. 

^BethM