cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my business line is down and no one seems to be able to deal with it

CSD-OSH

Does anyone read these?  I purchased a business late last year and requested that business phone line be transferred into my name together with the broadband service.  I set up a new account to give the previous owner time to pay their own bills off.  SO I've had an account with phone and broadband bundle since Nov 2023 until yesterday when the phone stopped working.  Hours and hours of trying to get hold of BT - first my business manager trying and then me (I am travelling so calling from outside the UK just to add to the problem).  I spent three hours on the phone going from department to department and either they didnt accept I had placed the order or even have an account - even though I have on online account, receive invoices and pay them every month.  Finally, someone found my original original order and could see that I had indeed ordered the phone to be transferred into my name and could also see that the order request had been processed by the person I dealt with back then.  But guess what - it had not been followed through to completion.  And so roll forward 5 months and my phone stops working - no business calls for 2 days now! and the bt advisor last night could not do anything other than request someone call me back today.  Surprise surprise no call back and when we try and follow up no one knows anything or can help.  I am pulling my hair out.  I cannot believe that a comms company can be so bad at communication and at customer service.  Why is it that no one can help resolve this issue and how long must my business go without its main phone line??  I have now completed a complaint form - but all I want is the phone line restored and business to resume - is that too much to expect?  If anyone has any real people at bt that I can speak with I would greatly appreciate a contact number or email.  Thanks for anything you can help with.

4 REPLIES 4

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi CSD-OSH

I'm sorry your phone line is down. Can you please private message me some account details so I can look into this for you? 

^BethM

CSD-OSH

replying to myself - so I got my hopes up - Beth one of the administrators found the issue - processed a complaint and requested an 'urgent' reconnection of my line.  And then - nothing happened at all.  Another day of lost business, another day of trying to get someone in BT on the phone to do something and absolutely no movement.  Apparently I have a complaint handler.  Never heard from them.  I am shocked - if any other business, including mine behaved like this we would not exist.  How can I, as a paying customer, not be able to speak to someone and get this resolved.  Once again my plea for any BT contacts that will act.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi CSD-OSH

As discussed yesterday, I have arranged for a complaint to be raised and picked up. I will urge this again. I will PM you shortly.

^BethM

Thank you - you thought an urgent reconnection would take hours but we are now nearly 24 hours later and this is my business we are talking about and days of lost bookings.  As you know Beth I need the line on whilst the mess is sorted out.  No one is more frustrated that I have to be back here to get any help.