cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Voltage technical issue

Chumbley1

Hi, we use a card terminal on our phone line and recently it has been unable to update over the phone line.  I contacted the terminal support people and they said there is "not enough line voltage in the phone line" and to ask BT to increase it.  Does this make any sense at all, is it something that can be increased, and would there be a charge for that?

I attempted to use the business chat facility but the form does not seem to submit.  Nothing happens when I click the submit button.

4 REPLIES 4

Chumbley1

Over a week has gone by with no response to this question.  The chat facility still does not work.  Emails are ignored.  Is BT Business simply unwilling to commit anything to writing?

Chumbley1

This has now been resolved via Twitter and chat.  For anyone else not receiving a response to questions here, I suggest using one of those options.

Devon_dave
I suspect your card company does not know what they are talking about.
There is no way of increasing the line voltage

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Chumbley1

Very sorry for the lack of reply - I have been away for the past few months, but as of now I am back on duty as a forum moderator. I know you got your issue sorted some time ago now, but I wanted to check with you that everything was sorted? It sounds to me like a gain increase on the line would have been the solution for that one - so I am assuming that is what has been done?

If you have any further queries just let me know and I can provide you with the details for the relevant departments who can assist you.

Regards

Ryan