cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of old service and commencement of BT OnePhone - BT Local Business Mis-Management

suemcc

Not sure if this is the correct Board, but will start here.

In May 2022 the Company business broadband, telephone system, etc was cancelled and replace by a new BT OnePhone service. This was dealt with by two BT Local Business Business Managers (names withheld). All seemed to go well with the set up of the BT One Phone however the old service was not cancelled. This has resulted in 3 quarters overpayments to BT totalling approx. £3,000 for the old system and an unpaid invoice for £250 for the new system. 

We have been trying to resolve the situation since May 2022 - approx 10 months - but the lack of assistance and poor service from BT as a whole is shocking.

We receive daily calls from BT Billing and now BT Debt Collection as the Company is refusing to pay the latest 2 invoices until the situation is resolved (old service terminated and overpayment refunded). There have been many telephone calls, emails, voicemails left, daily explanations to BT of the situation without response.

Finally on 28/02/2023, an acknowledgement was received from BT Local Business Operations Manager (name withheld). This contained an apology and a reference to looking into the situation. There has been nothing since except more harrassing calls from BT Billing and Debt Collection. Each BT caller says there is no query against either account (although we have full tracking with emails, recorded calls, BT query acknowledgement emails). When we try to explain they say no query is recorded and some have ended the call without trying to help.

10 months is more than sufficient time for such an issue to be resolved. 

Should the next course of action be Ombudsman intervention & legal action?

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated. The stress of the situation is getting too much now.

Many thanks

Sue

1 REPLY 1

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Please can you send me a private message by heading to my profile and hitting "Send a Message"? I'll need to take some of your account information and then I'll be able to look into this.

Thanks,

^SamG