cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting contacts to a file

WycheGnome

I have set up my contacts in Cloud Voice Express and now wish to export the list to a file. So far cannot find any means of doing this.

I log in to my account and manage it from a PC that uses the Windows operating system so I need a solution that works within that environment. The output file needs to be usable so that contents and entries from the file can be copied to other applications so a usable format such as XLSX, XML or just plain TXT would be appropriate.

Printing the web page to PDF does not give usable results and saving the page locally doesn't include the detail needed.

Is there a method available and, if so, where can I find it in the menu structure please?

Thanks, John

1 REPLY 1

emma698fox

To export your contacts from Cloud Voice Express, you can generally follow these steps. However, note that the exact steps might differ slightly depending on the specific version or configuration of the Cloud Voice Express system you are using. Here's a general guide that should help:

Steps to Export Contacts

Open your web browser and log in to your Cloud Voice Express account.
Navigate to Contacts:

Once logged in, look for a section or menu related to "Contacts," "Address Book," or "Directory." This is usually found in the main dashboard or under a specific menu like "Manage" or "Settings."
Look for Export Option:

Within the Contacts section, search for an option related to exporting or downloading your contacts. This could be labeled as "Export," "Download," or "Save Contacts."
Select Export Format:

When you find the export option, you might be prompted to choose a format for the export file. Common formats include CSV (Comma-Separated Values), XLSX (Excel Spreadsheet), or sometimes XML or TXT. Choose the format that best suits your needs.
Download the File:

After selecting the desired format, initiate the export process. The system will generate a file and typically prompt you to save it to your computer.
Verify and Open the File:

Once downloaded, open the file with the appropriate application. For instance, if you chose XLSX, you would use Excel or a similar spreadsheet program. For TXT or CSV, a text editor or spreadsheet application can be used.
If You Can't Find the Export Option
If these steps don't match what you see in your interface, or if you cannot locate the export option, consider these alternatives:

Consult the Help Documentation:

Check any available help or support documentation for Cloud Voice Express. There might be a user guide or FAQ section that provides specific instructions for exporting contacts.
Check for Updates:

Ensure that your Cloud Voice Express is up-to-date. Sometimes, features like export options can change with updates, so having the latest version might resolve your issue.

Best Regards,
Emma F.
Spotify Pie Chart