cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone System Question

MP-Fab

We have upgraded our internet to Fibre & with that we have upgraded to VoIP.

We need to have 4 or 5 cordless phones for use around the building & the ones we currently have are DECT (4 off Panasonic KX-TGCA41E).

We currently have just the new VoIP desk phone (Cisco IP Phone 6861) working.

I have read that I can plug the DECT phones into the back of the Smart Hub 2 (the port had a sticker with "Do Not Use" over the port).

When I plug in the DECT Phones they report "check Phone Line", so I dont think the port is working.

Am I doing something Wrong?

If we bite the bullet & buy a multi pack of new VoIP cordless phones, can I buy any VoIP Phones or do they have to be a certain type/model to work with the Smart Hub 2. I don't want to spend Hundreds of pounds on phones that won't work with the hub.

5 REPLIES 5

MP-Fab

Update

I no believe that the old phones canot be used as that function doesnt appear in the admin screens for the hub. Unlike the interface for home users.

The only question that remains therefore is, do I need any specific VoIP phones, or will any make & model connect to the Smart Hub 2 successfuly?

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi MP-Fab,

Thanks for your message.

Are you able to confirm the VoIP service that you're currently on and I can then advise which handsets will be compatible?

Thanks,

^SamG

MP-Fab

BTCV (express call sharer plan) is what it says on the paperwork I can find... is that enough of an answer or is there more info required?

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi MP-Fab,

This means that you're on the Cloud Voice Express service. The only cordless handsets that will be compatible are the Yealink W73, W53 and W60. If you want to order these, I can arrange for this - just send me a PM with some of your account information.

Thanks,

^SamG

Mistermofo

I've learned the hard way that you can only use phones purchased through BT .

Even though the phone is identical to the one provided and is labeled a bt phone 

So don't waste your time buying phones from anyone else