cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacated Premises, but still being charged. BT **********

VPM

Just wanted to explain a scenario and see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

We vacated some premises in May 2010, and advised BT to cancel the line multiple times. The instruction was not followed. Lo and behold, we were then contacted at our new premises by a debt collector in April 2011 for unpaid invoices.

By this time debt had built up, and BT sent the bills to our new address. It would seem that some calls had been made, which were clearly not ours because we had vacated the premises.

In conversations with BT, they continued to be difficult and awkward without accepting the fact that we could not accept liability since we were not at the premises. As far as they were concerned they were valid charges.

The total value to date is £287, but BT just do not seem to understand the situation and write this off. I have offered proof showing that we had moved out, but they refuse to accept.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get through to BT as I refuse to pay these charges as a matter of principle.

1 REPLY 1

JohnE
Guru

As with all situations regarding a dispute with BT, the correct way to esacalate a complaint would be to speak to a manager at the correct helpdesk.  We do take complaints seriously and I am sorry if this has not yet been resolved to your satisfaction.

If you wish, you can send me some additional details via Personal Message (Click on my icon and you will find a link to send me a personal message a little way down the page, on the right).  Please don't post personal details, including account numbers, in the open forum.