cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help FTP Dreamweaver

carl3110

Struggling to set up my website with BT Settings in Dreamweaver

are these correct for www.haywardstravel.com as the Dreamweaver 'Test Settings' fails

Server Name:  ftp.haywardstravel.com

Ftp Address:  ftp.haywardstravel.com

Username: haywardstravel.com

Password: ******

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ian1974

Hi carl3110,

I have found out what the issue is, however cannot really post the actual problem on a public forum.

Pplease can you submit a dns enquiry form from here.

In the main message please mark for my attention and I will advise further right away.

Kind Regards,

Ian Ferrier

BT Business Domains

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ian1974

Hi Carl3110,

There was a missing dns record on your domain for ftp.

I have added this and you should be able to access ftp within the next 4 hours.

In the meantime you can use the following IP address as the ftp address.

Kind Regards,

Ian - F -

carl3110

Many thanks Ian

Are the settings correct (in 4 hours)?

Ian1974

Hi Carl3110,

I can confirm thes ettings are correct.

Regards,

Ian - F -

carl3110

Hi Ian

I am still having problems using the above server settings & port 21

Cannot connect to ftp.haywardstravel.com - Dreamweaver is throwing it straight out

Please advise

Sogo7
Grand Master

Dreamweaver FTP configuration

FTP host       : haywardstravel.com                 -> DO not enter  ftp.haywardstravel.com

Host directory: /public_html/                    -> /public_html/ is where everything you want  to see on the web goes

don't forget the forward slashes  / they are required.

Login: haywardstravel.com           ->username or designated email adress (varies with hosting providers)

Password: random string of letter & numbers the longer the better (Some web hosts are case sensitive)

TICK the box marked 'Use passive FTP' 

and you should be good to go....

BT routers don't have a Firewall so its unlikely you need to fiddle with these settings and the same applies for secure ftp communication. Optional settings for synchronisation, auto upload and check-in/out are just that and can all be left un-ticked.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

Ian1974

Hi carl3110,

I have found out what the issue is, however cannot really post the actual problem on a public forum.

Pplease can you submit a dns enquiry form from here.

In the main message please mark for my attention and I will advise further right away.

Kind Regards,

Ian Ferrier

BT Business Domains

Colin8925

I am also having problems using FTP from progams such as Dreamweaver and FileZillia to transfer to a website I run on a Hosting company. I have tried on a PC and a laptop and get the same results.  This FTP process worked well before changing my ISP to BT. Sometimes it connects and other times it times out.

I have talked with the hosting company and they suggest that since it worked before on another ISP , then the BT system must somehow be blocking or interfering with the FTP process.

Can anyone from BT provide me either here or privately with inof on this ?