cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Mod - who owns this problem?

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

This is with regard to the Openzone service at Royal Clarence Marina; PO12 1AX

Openreach have, over a couple of days last week, replaced the cabling specific to the marina office telephone system. In doing so they have disconnected the cabling for the Openzone service and it is "dead". (The router works but does not deliver an IP address for a successful service connection). The marina telephone system and the Openzone service are on separate lines.

I have both emailed and spoken to Openzone support and been advised to contact Business support who will want to know the telephone number associated with the Openzone line - I have no idea what the number is and neither do the marina staff - why should they need to know the number for an Openzone service??

The Marina staff have spoken to BT on both Thurday and Friday (for over 3 hours on Friday) being pushed from one department to another without any specific answers, and no commitment from any BT Department to own the responsibility to fix.

The exact problem is that the OpenZone router RJ12/RJ45 LAN cable is plugged into a new wall socket fitted by Openreach. This is the cable and socket going out to the BT line delivering the Openzone service.

THERE ARE NO WIRES CONNECTED IN THE SOCKET to the outside world.; and BT don't believe us.

The fix is to look up the Openreach job number for the marina telephone work - reopen the job and get Openreach back into the marina to connect whatever wires they have disconnected to re-establish the service; and quickly; they broke it so they should fix it - and as a priority.

Why is it never easy dealing with BT for issue/problem resolution? - disjointed Departments where no one talks to each other or is prepared to take ownership  or rsponsibility; and in some instances don't even recognise or want to acknowledge that there is a problem.

So Mods, Openzone support say it's nothing to do with them as  it's a Business Line fault; so given these circumstances who should own this problem which BT have created?

Hoping you can advise quickly; no action to my and the marina calls into BT on Monday morning and I will have no option bur to call Eleanor in Executive Level Complaints

24 REPLIES 24

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Seraphsailor,

I think the Marina Owner will need to talk with Openzone to decide how they want to go forward with the hotspot. If they would like to continue to have it managed by BT Openzone i am sure they will need to discuss taking out a new contract and maintanence contract. If they don't then BT Openzone will not manage the hotspot.

Although you have had many discussions with BT on the Marina's behalf, BT will not discuss contracts or customer accounts with third parties (unless this has been specified by the customer). If i was in your position i would ask the Marina's manager or account holder to contact BT Openzone to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Fiona,

Marina Managment have been trying to get the information into BT since last Thursday; and hitting the same brick walls as myself. MM spoke to ELC this morning and maybe something will come of it.

This Marina is one of several under the same Management umbrella. BT seem to be try to force their hand and the reaction is going to be that all these marinas move (probably) from a BT Openzone service to another provider. BT know these discussions are ongoing (based on incredibly poor BT support in the past) and by refusing to reconnect the service at RC  - that they disconnected -  have shot themselves in the foot, and in Maritime jargon, have shown their true colours. If I was marina management then I couldn't show BT the exit door fast enough!

Having said that I will say that when the service works it generally works extremely well and I, and others  are very happy. What let's you (BT) down, is the support when thing go wrong or support is required. When you put the service and the support together and decide "is BT a good company to deal with" then sadly the answer is "NO".

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

Thanks for the reply,

I really hope that both Openzone and MM Management reach an agreement soon so that the Openzone hotspot is back up and running. Personally i cannot comment on what is happening with this as i don't have all the information, what i can say is that MM Management appear now to be in contact with the correct team. I hope that they all can reach a quick and succesful conclusion to this.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

The only successful conclusion I want now is for BT to be booted out and another provider brought in. From my perspective BT have acted appallingly and are treating their paying customers despicably.

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Smiley Very Happy

Fiona; you've said "I think the Marina Owner will need to talk with Openzone to decide how they want to go forward with the hotspot".

Well this seems to have taken place; you've got my PM on this matter and I, for one am extremely happy, almost overjoyed, at the outcome.

Bye Bye BTSmiley Very Happy and welcome S******m