cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Mod - who owns this problem?

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

This is with regard to the Openzone service at Royal Clarence Marina; PO12 1AX

Openreach have, over a couple of days last week, replaced the cabling specific to the marina office telephone system. In doing so they have disconnected the cabling for the Openzone service and it is "dead". (The router works but does not deliver an IP address for a successful service connection). The marina telephone system and the Openzone service are on separate lines.

I have both emailed and spoken to Openzone support and been advised to contact Business support who will want to know the telephone number associated with the Openzone line - I have no idea what the number is and neither do the marina staff - why should they need to know the number for an Openzone service??

The Marina staff have spoken to BT on both Thurday and Friday (for over 3 hours on Friday) being pushed from one department to another without any specific answers, and no commitment from any BT Department to own the responsibility to fix.

The exact problem is that the OpenZone router RJ12/RJ45 LAN cable is plugged into a new wall socket fitted by Openreach. This is the cable and socket going out to the BT line delivering the Openzone service.

THERE ARE NO WIRES CONNECTED IN THE SOCKET to the outside world.; and BT don't believe us.

The fix is to look up the Openreach job number for the marina telephone work - reopen the job and get Openreach back into the marina to connect whatever wires they have disconnected to re-establish the service; and quickly; they broke it so they should fix it - and as a priority.

Why is it never easy dealing with BT for issue/problem resolution? - disjointed Departments where no one talks to each other or is prepared to take ownership  or rsponsibility; and in some instances don't even recognise or want to acknowledge that there is a problem.

So Mods, Openzone support say it's nothing to do with them as  it's a Business Line fault; so given these circumstances who should own this problem which BT have created?

Hoping you can advise quickly; no action to my and the marina calls into BT on Monday morning and I will have no option bur to call Eleanor in Executive Level Complaints

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Smiley Very Happy

Fiona; you've said "I think the Marina Owner will need to talk with Openzone to decide how they want to go forward with the hotspot".

Well this seems to have taken place; you've got my PM on this matter and I, for one am extremely happy, almost overjoyed, at the outcome.

Bye Bye BTSmiley Very Happy and welcome S******m

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Seraphsailor,

If the line has been disconnected it needs to be reported to the telephone line service provider. If this is BT Business telephone that would be on 0800 800 154. They would then check the line and book and engineer to reconnect. Who ever pays for the openzone service will have billing account numbers and the details of the account can be traced from that, or any user details.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Hi Fiona,

thanks; but I know that the Marina staff have called 0800 800 154, and another number 0800 800 152 and got the complete runaround (on Friday).

I will go and talk to the Marina staff re .... 154. If the answer is "we've done that and no resolution forthcoming" then I will call Sir Michael Rake's Executive Level Complaints office

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Fiona - update,

marina staff spoke to 0800 800 154 - Business Line. BLine said because it was a broadband issue it was nothing to do with them and gave marina another contact number and they say nothing to do with the - so here we go round in circles;

The issue caused by Openreach is in my first post;  THEY HAVE NOT RE-CONNECTED THE WIRES for the Openzone service; the marina phone number is <number removed by moderator>.

The Openzone is a professional installation managed and delivered by BT - it is not just run off a BT home hub.

I'm off shopping for an hour; if on my return there has been no contact with the Marina by BT with positive action stated then I will call Eleanor; and if possible I will talk directly to Sir Michael.

Cheers,

Steve

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I have removed the number from the post but kept a note of it. I will see if i can find any information and send you a private mail.

Sorry for all the problems

Kind regards

Fiona

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

dave
Guru

Rather than confusing things by mentioning Openzone, etc (which is why you are probably getting transferred around BT) you need to establish where the issue is.

The set up will be:

Openzone > Runs over Broadband > Runs over phone line

1. Start with the phone line: plug a phone into it. Do you get a dial tone? If not then find out the number and report it to phone line faults. If you get a dial tone move onto the broadband

2. Can you get an internet connection at all? If not then report it as a broadband fault. Do not confuse the issue by mentioning Openzone, just report it is a broadband issue.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am sorry but the telephone number supplied isn't a BT Business number and i am struggling to find the Marinas information with the details supplied in your posts. Can you please private mail me the account details of the marina and any BT Business account numbers or telephone numbers involved. Is there an account number for the openzone service?

Kind Regards

Fiona

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Dave:

Start with the phone line: plug a phone into it. Do you get a dial tone? 

There is a new RJ45 socket on the wall , fitted by Openreach, that the router cable plugs into. The socket has no hard wires connected so it ain't going to work as a phone line or deliver a broadband service - IT IS OPEN CIRCUIT

If not then find out the number and report it to phone line faults. 

The OPENZONE service is managed and delivered by BT. The marina hosts the router in their office and that's it. Marina does not know what number is allocated to the line.

2. Can you get an internet connection at all?

No connection; wifi sees the router and makes a connection to the router. The next action is for the ISP to deliver the associated IP information. It can't do this  (and connections just time out) - the hard wires aren't connected into the RJ45 socket!

Fiona,

I called Business Support and spoke to a nice lady. She asked me to hang on whilst she spoke to engineering; and she then told me that engineers would be on site before 6:00pm today to rectify the problem;  they have my phone number for any further details. I hope to be able to advise here that it is all sorted later today - ROTFLMHO

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Well, it's now 6:10pm  and not a sign, or hide or hair, of any engineering support to rectify what wasn't broken in the first place.

In the words of my personal friend Peter Bonfield with regard to business: "Promise what you can deliver and then deliver what you promise" What a failure you are BT

BT - you actually make me sick in the way you treat and let down your paying Customers. I will call Sir Michael at 9:00am tomorrow morning

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Seraphsailor,

I'm really sorry that you did not receive the engineering support that you mentioned, however, you have also not private mailed me any of the information i requested so i cannot look into this for you. Can you please private mail me the account details of the marina and any BT Business account numbers or telephone numbers involved. Is there an account number for the openzone service? Are you the owner, or own the premises this Openzone service is at?

I have offered to try and help and I'm extremely sorry you have not taken me up on the offer. If you would like me to try and help please contact me as soon as possible with the above information.

Kind Regards

Fiona