cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT BUSINESS HAVE SCREWED MY BUSINESS UP BIG TIME WHEN SWITCHED FROM RESIDENTIAL TO BUSINESS

cybercabz
Power User

i SWITCHED MY RESIDENTIAL LINE, WHICH I HAVE HAD FOR 6 YEARS NOW BACK IN DEC 14TH 09 TO A BUSINESS LINE BECAUSE WHEN I SPOKE TO A SALES TEAM THEY SAID I COULD HAVE AN ALL INCLUSIVE MINUITES CALL PACKAGE 5000 MINS LANDLINE AND 300 MINS TO MOBILE ANYTIME AND MY TOTAL FOR MY BILL WITH LINE RENTAL AND VAT WOULD COME TO  £45.14 PER MONTH.

THEN I RECIEVED A WELCOME TO THE SERVICE EMAIL BACK ON 21ST DECEMBER WITH THE ORDER NUMBER.

THE PROBLEM IS AND I HAVE REGRETED SWITCHING, EVERY STEP OF THE WAY AND IT HAS BEEN MAKING MY LIFE, A LIVING HELL, EVERY DAY WORRYING, AS I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT HASSLE AND BT SENDING ME LARGE BILLS DEMANDING MONEY FOR PAYMENT OF PHONE CALLS,THREATENING TO CUT ME OFF AND RUIN MY ESTABLISHED BUSINESS, WHICH HAS BEEN BUILT UP OVER THE LAST SIX YEARS.

I HAVE HAD TO CALL BT NEAR ENOUGH EVERY WEEK NOW EXPLAINING ALL THIS TO THEM THAT I SHOULD BE HAVING A FLAT MONTHLY RATE WITH ALL INCLUSIVE MINS AND I SHOULD NOT BE PAYING INDIVIDUALLY FOR EACH CALL, WHICH IS WHAT I AM BEING BILLED FOR, BUT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO MAKE A LOT OF DIFFERENCE ,THEY STILL SEEM TO IGNORE THE FACT I SIGNED UP TO A ALL INCLUSIVE CALL PACKAGE,THEY JUST KEEP FILLING MY HEAD ON THE PHONE EACH TIME I CALL TO COMPLAIN WITH A REFERENCE NUMBER AND TELL ME TO IGNORE THE THREATENING BILLS AND LETTERS I KEEP GETTING BUT A WEEK OR SO LATER THEY SEND ME ANOTHER THREATENING BILL OR LETTER ,ONE THIS WEEK FROM THE CREDIT MANAGEMENT TEAM TELLING ME THEY ARE GOING TO CUT ME OFF UNLESS I PAY THE AMOUNT STATED,AND RUIN MY BUSINESS.

EACH TIME I HAVE CALLED BT TO EXPLAIN THEY TELL ME TO IGNORE THE LETTER AND TELL ME SOME ONE WILL CALL ME AS THEY HAVE NOTED ON THERE SYSTEM THERE IS AN ON GOING ISSUE.

NO ONE HAS CALLED ME AND THE PROBLEM WITH THEM STILL THREATEING ME HAPPENS EVERY WEEK NOW

IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME ME SWITCHING FROM A RESIDENTIAL LINE TO A BUSINESS LINE,I REALLY FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE CONNED ME,SOME ONE IN THE BUSINESS DEPARTMENT HAS A LOT TO ANSWER FOR FOR ALL OF THIS MAKING MY LIFE HELL,THEY NEED TO BE SACKED FOR THESE FALSE PROMISES I WAS MADE BACK IN DEC 09 ITS MAKING ME FEEL VERY ILL AND EFFECTING THE WAY IM RUNNING MY BUSINESS AND BELIEVE I AM IN NEED OF GOING TO MY GP FOR NOT FEELING VERY WELL THROUGH IT ALL.

I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY OR DEPARTMENT TO ESCALATE THIS NOW AS I REALLY NEED HELP AS THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER BE CONNED BY BT.

IF ANY ONE CAN HELP WITH ANYTHING I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

CLIVE

www.cybercabz.com
20 REPLIES 20

cybercabz
Power User

AS WELL THEY FIRST TOLD ME IT WAS UNLIMITED CALLS.

THEN THEY DECIEVED ME AND SAID AT A LATER DATE THERE IS A FAIR USAGE AMOUNT POLICY (SO IT TURNED OUT IT WAS NOT UNLIMITED)

www.cybercabz.com

sej7278
Super User

has anyone found a list of numbers the "unlimited" plan can call for free, as i'm still getting charged for 0844 calls....?

cybercabz
Power User

ALL UK LANDLINE NUMBERS SHOULD BE FREE TO CALL AND DEDUCTED FROM YOUR 5000 MINS ALLOWANCE.

AINT THAT HOW A CALL PLAN WORKS?

IT IS WITH MY MONULE - ORANGE.

MAYBE I SHOULD ASK THEM IF THEY DO A LANDLINE CALL PACKAGE

www.cybercabz.com

sej7278
Super User

when they say UNLIMITED they mean LIMITED to 60 minutes at a time, up to 5000 minutes a month (300 for mobiles).

when they say ALL uk mobiles/landlines they actually mean:

international locations - except the south pacific

uk mobile carriers - except "3"

uk landlines - which is actually limited to 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 - doesn't include 0844, 0871, 070, 09 etc.

Radience

I have made the same mistake and now my business is crippled as no-one can get hold of me.  I have demanded to switched back to what I had yet day by day nothing happens.  BT = incompetence

Tracey
Guru

Hi Radience,

Can you please private message me with full details and full account details please, so i can pass these details on to the correct team to deal with.

Thanks in advance

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

Honesty

If you're having no luck with dealing with BT yourself, I am a BT Service Partner, and am happy to help if I can.

Regards,

Honesty

mary-jane

i am totally frustrated and appalled at bt service.  i set up with them business lines and internet and it has been painful dealing with them and their 73 page bills.  everything is too complicated and right hand does not know what left hand is doing.  i have been overcharged mis-sold and am fed up with them.  how can one landline and one dedicated broadband line be so expensive.  this quarter they have doubled my bill and as a small business are expecting me to be able to pay without explanation or plan.  i want to leave but it would appear they have tagged on a 5 year contract with no mention as well - i signed up for 2 years in march 2009 and have been counting down to escape bt - talk about do what you want to customers

drewsfedup

Hi clive I have also had months of problems with bt regarding business line switch over from res to busines, I have a direct contact number for BT Business Complaints if you would like it , message me in private and I will gladly pass it on to you .

cwwTotnes

Clive, I understand your problem completely!

My business calls are due to come back to BT on 22nd November and the BT salesman (Removed by Moderator) promised me no contract and no long-standing commitment to BT but strangely promised 500 minutes of free UK calls a month as a welcome back gesture. I made him repeat that there would be no contract or commitment to BT, which he confirmed.

I now have received a letter saying I am on a 2 year One Plan contract with a minimum spend of £200 P/A! Apparently I cannot cancel this order, but BT business will send an internal email to the salesman - (Removed by Moderator) - and he will call me to discuss the problem. Of course he hasn't called my.

I have written to BT Business, recorded delivery, to Durham asking them to cancel One Plan - NO REPLY, emailed (Removed by Moderator) (although I am told that this is just to amend the terms of my plan and not to cancel it) - NO REPLY, called the business help line 6 times and finally managed to cancel the order to move back to BT (big thank you to Clive Rodgers) BUT he advised me that even though the order to come back to BT is cancelled, there are spin off orders putting One Plan on my line that cannot be removed!

How can I be put on a 2 year plan that I was mis-sold, without having signed anything and which it is impossible to cancel. WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT?

Charles