cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Hub - Modem Only Mode

voyto
Hi. Our small office is setup with a ZyXEL ADSL router which is setup with an ipSec VPN to our other office. We also port forward to create PPTP VPN connections on our server.

The problem we're having is the Internet keeps dropping out with the zyxel, but when trying the business hub, there are no problems. All firmwares are up to date.

So...my question is, can we use the modem only in the business hub and keep our current network setup as it is with the ZyXEL? If not, I'm guessing we'll just need a new router?

Many thanks 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

MHC
Guru

Set up the BT hub in bridge mode ... then do everything else on te ZyXEL.

Go to the hub   ...    HOME and then to page:   home/xslt?PAGE=C_1_1   and it is at the bottom of the page.

mithcd
Power User

Hi. I thought he wanted to make the BT hub as modem. I'm confused since bridge mode is different from modem mode. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

MHC
Guru

@mithcd wrote:

Hi. I thought he wanted to make the BT hub as modem. I'm confused since bridge mode is different from modem mode. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

You obviously know so much, why not give a solution instead of continually posting pointless useless posts.

For the benefit of the OP, selecting bridge mode disables all routing, NAT and DHCP in the hub and provides a single output from the modem stage - the fixed and unchangeable IP address is:  192.168.1.254