cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAIL UPGRADE TO MICROSOFT 365 WITH BLACKBERRY

AmandaBarry

Having spent many hours over several days trying to get my Blackberry to receive emails after the BT upgrade, I found the solution on this forum below (so many thanks for Mark).  However, I'd just like to add a little bit to point 3 please - don't mispell your name before the @, mispell the part after the @, otherwise, it doesn't work!  When I contacted BT, I was just told, sorry, we don't support Blackberry.  I didn't have a problem before the upgrade so cheers, thanks for that!  For all you who have searched like me for an answer, see below (with my addition).

There seems to be an issue setting up office 365 on blackberrys.

When setting up the email account, all it asks for is the email address and password.

The setup then complete's automatically and the server shows as https://email.btconnect.com/somethingelse/bin/ , this stops you from being able to receive mail. If you then manually change the setting to pop.outlook.com, this also does not work as it fails to verify.

To correct this:

1) Delete the account.

2) Add new email account.

3) Purposefully misspell the email address, but put in correct password - don't mispell your name before the @, mispell the part after the @

4) The autoverification will then fail and an option appears to enter additional settings.

5) Correct the initial misspelling, enter in pop.outlook.com as the server name and enter the username as the full email address.

6) If you check under edit settings, this should now show the correct port and ssl settings, which were not visible before.

7) The account will receive email within 20 minutes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi AmandaBarry,

Thank you for trying this out and for posting up the correcting that I did not inlcude.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi AmandaBarry,

Thank you for trying this out and for posting up the correcting that I did not inlcude.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator