cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindle Fire

Anthony1954

Just tried to set up Kindle Fire for emails.

I'm using Outlook 365 for emails on my laptop

I've used pop not imap for the set up

Incoming server is as follows:-

Pop3 server   pod51017.outlook.com

security type SSL/TLS

Port 995

Outgoing server is as follows:-

SMTP server   pod51017.outlook.com

Security type tried everything!! but presently set to STARTLS

Port 587

Requires sign in unticked (tried it ticked as well!!)

Can receive emails but each time I try to send from the Kindle they remain in the outbox. A message appears Connection problem (Btconnect).

Some help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anthony1954

Think I may have solved this problem myself but here's my solution which may help others having problems

Seem to have found the right combination to get everything working when using outlook 365.

Incoming server.

User name xxxxxxx@btconnect,com

password same as 365

Pop3 server enter pod51017.outlook.com

security type SSL/TLS

Port 995

Out going settings

SMTP Server enter pod51017.outlook.com

Security type STARTTLS

Port 587

Tick require sign in

Username xxxxxxx@btconnect.com

password same as outlook 365

Only taken me about 12 hours to get this to work but may save other people some time

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Anthony1954

Think I may have solved this problem myself but here's my solution which may help others having problems

Seem to have found the right combination to get everything working when using outlook 365.

Incoming server.

User name xxxxxxx@btconnect,com

password same as 365

Pop3 server enter pod51017.outlook.com

security type SSL/TLS

Port 995

Out going settings

SMTP Server enter pod51017.outlook.com

Security type STARTTLS

Port 587

Tick require sign in

Username xxxxxxx@btconnect.com

password same as outlook 365

Only taken me about 12 hours to get this to work but may save other people some time

JackRoberts

Wow!  Thanks for that - it worked immediately, and solved the frustration I was beginning to feel about the Kindle HD.  As a non-IT guy, I can't even begin to understand how you found that out.

JackRoberts

I should add that the technique recommended above works with non "btconnect.com" email addresses as well - aliases, etc

JackRoberts

Oops, maybe not a total fix, I can send messages, but inbound emails are reaching my other devices but not the Kindle  Rats!!

Anthony1954

Hi try removing and reinstalling. I had the same problem but that seemed to cure it

Anthony1954

Just had another thought you may need to set up additional accounts for the alias's. This is just me thinking aloud so it may not help

JackRoberts

Removing and re-installing the account?  Or the email client?  (Sorry, I'm a bit dim when it comes to IT stuff...)

Anthony1954

yes if you remove and reinstall the account it should work. I've had to do this twice. Remember also when completing the pop3 and smtp details don't prefix with pop3 or smtp just load in pod etc

PV
Thank you for this very helpful guide which I found after 6 hours of trying to do it on my own, with Kindle and BT support! Good news is it worked and I am getting my emails. But problems sending emails from Kindle! Any solutions? Thank you