cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting a straight response from BT

LinuxLady

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anybody knew who to talk to to get a straight answer on this as every time I contact BT I get a different answer. I simply want to know if the package I am on has unlimited usage or not, yet nobody seems to give me a consistant answer.

The background is that I've ordered BT Business infinity 1 with unlimited usage and 5 IPs and I've been given BT Business infinity 2 with 5 IP addresses. Every time I phone up, if I get through to customer services, I get told that I don't have unlimited usage, if I get put through to sales, then I get told that Infinity 2 has unlimited usage and I'll be all right and on the one occassion I got through to tech support they didn't know. I'm not worried about speed, but I am worried about usage.

Surely this isn't that difficult a question for BT to answer?

TTFN

Faye

21 REPLIES 21

downhampdw

Hello Faye,

When you placed your order, you should of have been given an order number beginning with vol012- something.

so you can track online. you will see the items listed and the date the engineer will provide the service.

I hope this helps.

regards paul.

LinuxLady

Thanks Paul,

Unfortunately it was when I tracked the online order that the start of the confusion began. The online order did not have what I ordered over the phone and when I phones up to query it I was told that Option 2 infinity came with unlimited usage. I checked the webiste and still wasn't convinced so phoned up customer services only to be told that it didn't come with unlimited usage and sent to sales to sort out the problem. Sales said it did and not to worry. I've had occasion to phone up a couple of times about my order and each time I've been told yes my broadband has unlimited usage, no it doesn't. It's now installed (today 🙂 ), but I really want to get this sorted out before I get my first bill.

TTFN

Faye

downhampdw

Hello Again,

I noted on the website, that the unlimited part of infinity for business is an extra 5 pounds, so on option 2 will cost you 40 pounds a month plus vat. option 1 and 2 are different speeds. I assume you are having an openreach and business hub 3 routers and are in a fibre area, If unsure just phone sales and they should be able to confirm the package.

regards paul.

downhampdw

Hello faye,

I feel sales are naughty and not being clear with you, i have just noted your reply after i finnished the last post, that you have already had it installed.

You should have a new linebox and the two routers, I suggest you phone sales and add unlimited, but depending what you need the internet for, is unlimited needed.

regards paul.

LinuxLady

Thanks Paul,

I need unlimited (I was regularly using 60-80 Gig on my 2 meg ADSL 🙂 ), but I don't need speed that much (just better than my ADSL), which is why I went for the Option 1 plus unlimited. I think I'll do as you suggest and go onto customer services and get them to give me what I actually ordered (or put in writing that it is unlimited 🙂 ).

TTFN

Faye

downhampdw

Hello,

Was you sent letters, on these it would of had the speeds that you have, just a thought. Are you happy with it, I cannot have infinity where i live as this place is a dump.

LinuxLady

Hi Paul,

Yes I was sent a set of emails about it which detailed how to find out about my order and that's when I started being confused :-).

So far I'm happy with it, but that's only 1/2 hour use migrating my servers to their new settings before having to go to work (which I still haven't escaped from yet 😞 ). Ask me in a couple of weeks time and I'll be able to give a better answer.

I know what you mean about being unable to get it in certain areas though. My partner lives in a small town and is lucky to get anything more than 1.5 meg 😞

TTFN

Faye

downhampdw

Hello,

I ok, i will wait and ask how you got on with bt sales, to see if you have the unlimited, if you have large servers in the office then you need unlimited.

Regards paul. ( i,m off to bed.)

LinuxLady

Well, the update to this saga, is that at 05:00hrs this morning, I recieved an email from BT saying I was about to go over my usage allowance, and the next email was them saying that I had gone over my usage allowance (as I implement greylisting it is possible for the first email to have been delayed, but I would have thought not be that much 😞 ).

So this morning, I got in contact with BT customer support where thankfully a very helpful gentleman has (hopefully) sorted out the problem and put me on what I should have been on in the first place, and has taken off the penalty for going over my usage limit.

Hopefully, this will be the end of the saga.

TTFN

Faye