cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to save money on your BT Business bills? Find out how...

AnitaM
Administrator
Administrator

Are you still paying a payment processing fee? Being charged for a paper bill?

Then it's time to stop!

Simply, swap to paper-free online billing and pay your bills by Direct Debit - It’s so easy to set up, just go to www.bt.com/billoptions.

7 REPLIES 7

pickrest

Dont make me laugh. £9.00 + vat for paying a phone and broadband account on line What a rip off I am now charging BT £25.00 for taking my payment to my local bank . I to can make the rules up as I go along. I suppose someone has to pay your CEO's inflated salery

AnitaM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi pickrest - We don't charge for using the online self-service facilities, but there is a charge called a Payment Processing Fee which is applied to bills not paid by Direct Debit (edited from Online self service is free to give clarity to the charge) and it does seem like you're being charged a payment processing fee. If you swap to paying your bills by Direct Debit you can avoid this cost. You can set it up online at www.bt.com/billoptions.

Thanks for your feedback.

pickrest

We could save money on our phone bills if BT didnt charge £9.00 +vat for payments on line or over the phone forcing everyone to pay by direct debit .Welcome to rip off BT

pickrest

If I dont have to pay £9.00 +vat for paying on line wheres my refund then .BT cannot be trusted to handle direct debits correctly ,especially when you use Indian and Phillipino call centres.

pickrest

What a joke BT cannot even refund my payment fees or reply to my postings. Are you frightened of the truth ???

AnitaM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi pickrest 

If you've set up Direct Debit, then you shouldn't be paying the Payment Processing fee. There's lots of information about the payment processing fee in our help articles

If you're paying your bill using the online payment facility or over the phone, it'll mean you still get charged the fee as you're not paying by Direct Debit.

Online billing self-service is a way you can see, pay and manage your bills online and we don't charge you for using these facilities. The Payment Processing Fee isn't anything to do with online self-service facilities, as it's a charge specifically applied to bills which are not paid by Direct Debit, regardless of the payment method - really sorry if I wasn't clear on an earlier post with this, I'll get it edited. 

I want to help you sort this out, but I'm not a billing expert, so if you should have had a refund and haven't, you can either chat online with our billing team to get this sorted out quickly or you can PM me your account number and contact number and I can get someone from the billing team to contact you to discuss your bill, but this will take a bit longer.

Hope this helps clear up the charge and thanks again for your feedback.

Superspants

Why don't you battle your way through the voice-automated service that will send you through ten different options that are nothing to do with your call, then get through to some half-wit Phillipino that can't understand a word you're saying before eventually getting transferred to someone in India that promises to get back to you, and guess what? He doesn't get back to you.....