cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't use my email account

frogman

have not received an email since Saturday 25 may everytime i switch on panel comes on screen and asks me to login         

everytime I put in details panel reappears I can no longer send emails I have recently changed password so I know I am entering correctly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Frogman i am sorry about that,  can you make sure you are suign the correct server settings
those will be

Incoming server

Server - pop.outlook.com

port – 995

connection type – ssl

ensure that this is authorised with the full email address and password including the domain i.e.@btconnect.com

Outgoing

Server - smtp.outlook.com

port – 587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Frogman i am sorry about that,  can you make sure you are suign the correct server settings
those will be

Incoming server

Server - pop.outlook.com

port – 995

connection type – ssl

ensure that this is authorised with the full email address and password including the domain i.e.@btconnect.com

Outgoing

Server - smtp.outlook.com

port – 587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

Thanks

frogman

thanks for reply bug in my system all working ok now thanks again

Burkem5
Guru

Your very welcome,  thanks for letting us know this has been solved

RobS

I have a Nexus 7 and can't set it up to send email, I can recieve but when i configure the outgoing setting it doesn't allow me to use the 587 Port. I get the option to select SSL/TLS or SSL/TLS (accept all certificates) but both of them suggest port 465. If I select that port I get the message

'Couldn't open connection to server'

and I change the port to 587 I get

Can't safely connect to server

(javax.net.ssl.ProtocolException:SSL handshake aborted:ssl=0x etc......

Can you advise how to fix,

Thanks

Jaggerlg

Hi

Having waited 3 weeks to be connected to broadband, tv & phone I a less than impressed to find that our hotmail account doesn't let me send messages which is not helpful given we run a business using this address.

Can anyone make a recommendation as to how we can fix this?  I see that it has been an ongoing issue.

Thanks