cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold a contract

paris1

Hi Everyone,

Last year my business broadband ran out of contract, knowing my shop lease was running out in May this year I didn't want to renew or sign into a lengthy contract.

However the gentleman I was dealing with told me repeatedly if I was leaving the premises I could leave the contract fee free, so I 'signed up' for a new deal. In the phone verbal contract it mentioned 24 months but I asked again if I could leave fee free before that time was up and was assured I could obviously knowing our lease was running out I would not of signed up for a 24 month contract.

Now the time has come I have phoned up and had a very rude gentleman tell me repeatedly that I would be charged £700 if I left now despite me leaving the premises and that they have a recording of me verbally agreeing to the contract.

The man then let slip they hadn't listened to the WHOLE call, when I asked for him to do so where it would make it clear I asked repeatedly about being able to leave fee free due to the lease expiring he said no. He said he couldn't supply me with the recording nor could he supply me with a copy of the supposed contract that I am tied into.

I escalated my complaint to the miss selling team but its been 6 days with no response, I rang yesterday and got a very nice gentleman who assured me I would have a call back in 24 hours but I have not. 

Has anyone experienced this? Where do I stand? I KNOW with 100% certainty that if the whole phone call from last year was listened to it would be very clear that I was told I could leave fee free but how can I get them to do that, why won't they let me listen to the call if they have nothing to hide?

I was left feeling gas lit, like I was insane, told repeatedly I had agreed to this 24 month contract when I know I specifically mentioned our lease ending time and time again, I'm no fool - I would never sign up for 24 months when I knew the lease was up in 10! 

2 REPLIES 2

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi paris1,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you're happy to send me some of your account information via private message, I can start looking into this for you.

Sam

Jennaorteca1

Hello paris1,

I am not an expert but I just want to say that trying to do that. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing with your business broadband contract. Dealing with contract disputes can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to address the situation:

1. Review the terms and conditions: Carefully go through the terms and conditions of the contract you entered into. Look for any clauses or provisions that discuss early termination, fees, or conditions for ending the contract.

2. Gather evidence: Compile any supporting evidence you have, such as email exchanges, written communication, or other documentation that supports your understanding of the agreement. This evidence can be helpful if you need to escalate the issue further. BallSportsPro

3. Contact the company in writing: Instead of relying solely on phone calls, it's generally advisable to communicate with the company in writing. Send a formal written complaint outlining the details of your situation, including your understanding of the agreement and any evidence you have. Request a written response from them within a specific timeframe.

4. Escalate the complaint: If you don't receive a satisfactory response, escalate your complaint to a higher level within the company. Check their website or contact customer service to find out the appropriate department or person to escalate your complaint to. 

5. Seek legal advice: If your efforts to resolve the dispute directly with the company are unsuccessful, you may want to consider seeking legal advice. Consult with a lawyer who specializes in contract law to understand your rights and explore potential legal options.