BT Smart Hub 2 is our most advanced hub which comes with a variety of useful features for your business. Let’s take a look at one of the main features Bridge mode and why this might help your business.
Bridge mode is a feature on your BT Smart Hub 2 which allows you to use the hub as a modem only. You can set this up on your BT Smart Hub 2 or on your BT Business Hub 3/5.
Why use Bridge Mode?
Bridge mode lets you use your own router whilst using the BT Hub as a modem. This means you can upgrade to a router that better suits your business needs and doesn’t need to be provided by BT.
Remember that BT can’t maintain your third-party equipment so you may be asked to put your BT Business Hub back to normal to test if you’re experiencing any service issues.
BT Smart Hub 2 features
Bridge mode is just one of the many features of the Smart Hub 2, here’s what else your hub can do:
- Enhance the security of your hub by restricting the wireless devices that connect to it.
- Control what time your devices can access the internet.
- Pause internet access for all devices or a single device and you can schedule this.
- Route incoming traffic to a specific device on your network using the Port Forwarding feature.
- Set up multiple static IPs on your Smart Hub 2 to allow you to assign them to a device.
- Switch off, adjust brightness and schedule when your hub light to be switched on or off.
- Change your Hub’s IP address and DHCP (The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) settings.
- The WAN port which is essential for Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) use, can be used as a spare ethernet port if you don’t have FTTP.
Do you have the BT Smart Hub 2? Do you use any of these key features? Let us know in the comments.