cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 months of misery!

Jacko

I’m posting my experiences with BT Business in the hope folk out there can give me advice on what to do next. I’m at my wit’s end now, the stress of the last 10 months have severely tested my patience and sanity and I’m at a loss on how to proceed. BT keep on telling me they’ve opened a complaints procedure, then I’m told it been closed, as if it’s all been taken care of. I’ve lost dozens of hours on the phone trying to sort this matter out plus a few half days waiting for the engineers to arrive to fit the fibre optic. 

I have a BT Business Order Management Team member who tries to help but never phones me when I ask him to only when it suits him which is usually when I’m out working or in a bad reception area. He’s only on for a few minute. It’s hard to detail the full horrendous experience in this short post but here’s a slimmed down bullet point presentation, hopefully folk out there, who have possibly had the same experience, can help me, here goes.

1. 17 November 2023. Engineer was supposed to fit Fibre Optic as part of my new contract. He was given an incorrect address, I live in a flat 13/5, the 5 was missing so he did not attend.
  2. January, another engineer arrived to fit the Fibre Optic, the address he had was 13/3, incorrect digit again. At least he knocked on there door to let me know what had happened. 
  3. April, eventually the Fibre optic is installed, the router works but I later find out since the first engineer didn’t attend I automatically went ‘out of contract’ and was charged accordingly.
  4. Despite the Fibre optic working for my Broadband the phone line is still on the copper line which causes a lot of confusion in my many phone calls with BT saying it wasn’t connected despite my assurances that I watched it being fitted and am getting my Broadband from the fibre optic through the Router.
  5. In 10 months I have been sent 6, yes, 6 Router and 4G booster kits, some with iCloud phone some without all bar the last have been sent back.
  6. I used to pay my bills through my business account but changed that years ago to my Current account from which BT have taken a total of £1200. Some is this is the fee for missing the engineer (HE didn’t turn up!) payment for some of the router kits I’ve been sent the rest seems to be random figures. Based on the £41.95 I should have been paying since 17th November ’23 it should have only been £419.50
  7. To add insult to injury BT started to take payment out of my BUSINESS account as well with out even telling me! I asked them to stop but they’ve kept taking money out, a total of £305 so far although I’ve managed to get £136 back so far.

8. BT Business Order Management Team got back to me the other day and acknowledged they’ve taken too much money out of my account and said the amount they owe me is £564.95!! I was also told I could either have this money back or SLG payments but not both.

I could go on but think this is enough so far. The lack of communication and the frustration of finding out that there is nobody I can find who can authoritatively take hold of this problem, own it and sort it out has caused me immense stress and anxiety. Any thoughts or advise anybody can give me on what to do now would be gratefully appreciated, thank.

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jacko

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had throughout this. Can you please send over a private message so I can take some details?

^BethM

DLROTH

Please may I ask you if you have got your problem resolved?

I am desperate for help with BT business complaints and really need a contact of someone of a higher level.

Also at my wits end.

Hi DLROTH. The administrator has asked me to PM her so early days yet. As far as I can see BT does not have a functioning complaints infrastructure. Over the last 10 months I've had so many promises that everything was in hand, complaint s had been logged etc etc but nothing has ever come of it. Sorry to hear you are in the same situation as me and I can sympathise with the amount of stress you must be feeling. It's the total feeling of helplessness you get, feeling like you are at the mercy of a system which does not seem to care. The thing which gets me is BT spends a fortune of getting Kevin Bacon to advertise them and it's a pretty intense campaign, all the time on the radio. If he knew how bad they were he'd probably not want to be associated with them.