cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Smart Hub 2 with a Meraki FIrewall

pwp

We recently had a "SOGEA" broadband connection installed with a BT Business Smart Hub 2 and I'm hoping

someone can clarify the best way to connect it to our Meraki firewall without dealing with double nat.

I think we need to put the Hub in "Bridge" mode but I'm not sure what IP details go in my firewall. Presumably in bridge mode the Hub's still using the static IP from BT so do we need to go back to them and ask for a second one?

pwp_0-1673360834878.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kelper
Guru

You just need to enter your unique username and password in the firewall.  In bridge mode, the hub acts only as a modem and passes others like DHCP, NAT etc onto your router.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kelper
Guru

You just need to enter your unique username and password in the firewall.  In bridge mode, the hub acts only as a modem and passes others like DHCP, NAT etc onto your router.

rbjtech

A few 'depends' unfortunately - if you have an Ethernet connection from BT and your Meraki has a 'WAN' interface that supports PPPoE - then just ask BT for your creds and configure the Meraki to use that directly - any NAT etc after that is up to your Meraki.      There is little benefit to using the SH2 in 'bridge' mode in this configuration.