cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business smart hub 2 subnet

lee2022

Hi, we have the business smart hub 2, we need to the network to be 192.168.0.x as we have 2 domain controllers, an Exchange server, 5 Linux servers web/app servers and our whole infrastructure in on 192.168.0.x, the hub is telling me we can not use that range, this cannot be true?

The work to change this especially on Linux is horrendous.

bt.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kelper
Guru

I see what you mean.  But I have it working on my home network now.  Under IPv4 configuration, change the Subnet mask to 255.255.0.0

But to get back to default settings, I had to do a factory reset!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kelper
Guru

I have a BTB Smart Hub 1 which is fairly similar.  The settings you want are under 'Advanced Settings...My Network...IPv4 configuration.  Click on the Hub gateway IP address shown and change the '1' to  a '0'.

Then you can change the 'Server address range' by selecting 'Custom'...'Set'  and changing the '1's to '0's.

Then 'Save'

BTW, the image you posted won't be public until a mod approves it.  You can see it but I only see a yellow triangle.

lee2022

That is exactly what I did, and the message that appears is "These IP settings are not valid on the BT business smart hub"

When the image is approved you will see where I was trying to change it.

kelper
Guru

I see what you mean.  But I have it working on my home network now.  Under IPv4 configuration, change the Subnet mask to 255.255.0.0

But to get back to default settings, I had to do a factory reset!

lee2022

Thank you kelper that worked 👍

Although I do wish there was an alternative router that supports the 5 static IP package we have ordered, do you know of one?

kelper
Guru

No, but if you put the BTB Smart Hub in bridge mode, you can use a better router.  Draytek routers are often found on eBay.  I suggest you start a new thread asking specifically for a way to use 5 static IPs.  A mod should reply.

kelper
Guru

Interesting thread here - https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Archive/Static-IPs-and-TP-Link-W9970/m-p/76515#M24137

But it's all a bit beyond my ken!  I only use one, static IP.