cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Guest WiFi networks?

wwjmh08

Briefly, community hall used by 3 different clubs – just had BT broadband installed using Business Smart hub 3 – trustees of hall would like each club to have their own guest WiFi network. But I think I can only set up one guest network. Is this correct? Is there another way of achieving this segregation, perhaps using mesh nodes with each node having a different SSID/password. But I think mesh systems only extend the main network, not the guest network? Any other ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kelper
Guru

You could use another router(s) or range extender(s) to create additional wifi networks.  Just connect the WAN port of these to a LAN Port on the BT Hub.  I deally these should be in a locked cupboard to stop fiddling by members.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kelper
Guru

You could use another router(s) or range extender(s) to create additional wifi networks.  Just connect the WAN port of these to a LAN Port on the BT Hub.  I deally these should be in a locked cupboard to stop fiddling by members.

wwjmh08

Thank you for the reply. I think range extenders is the way to go. I will try setting up a guest network on the router, and have 3 range extenders to extend this to the 3 clubs, each with a different SSID/password.

kelper
Guru

Surely the members must have some old routers lying around.  Alternatively, get some Powerline adapter/extenders which use the buildings wiring to spread the internet.  This would be cheaper.  You could also by used routers on eBay for around £20.

kelper
Guru

You need two, not three!

If you go for range extenders, they don't have to be connected by ethernet to the router, they can be anywhere within wifi range.