cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order for Business Broadband via Topcashback not showing

slsquared

Last week, I tried to signup to a BT Business Broadband plan via Topcashback (TCB). I received an order number at the end of the sale process on BT website and within few minutes I noticed a cash back amount showing on my TCB account. The cash back was almost 40% less than what was advertised so I deceived to lodge a report but when I went back to BT to track my record, the website couldn’t find it. Assuming the order was placed late in the evening I thought I’ll check on BT again the next morning, but my order was still showing, so I called in BT sales team and they said since I placed an order via a third party there might be a system delay and the guy insisted he can place the same order for me on phone, when I asked him what about the cash back and my previously placed order, he said I won’t receive cash back and the previous order will automatically get cancelled. I tried to them do another order again via TCB and same thing happens received cash back instantly and also an order number from BT, but when I try to track it down there is no update or record of it on BT system.

so just wondering is there any technical issues why orders placed through TCB are not showing in BT’s system?

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi slsquared

I'm sorry for the issues with the orders - could you send me a Private Message with the order references you've received so I can look into this for you?

^BethM

slsquared

Hi Beth, I have just sent you a private message as requested. I look forward to hearing from you.

slsquared

Hi,

I was having a chat with Beth but haven't heard back from here in a week now, so posting the message here again in the original post, so some other moderator can pick up and help.

In the private chat, Beth couldn't find my order numbers (both of them), so after searching through old post and google search cam across this thread, https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Unable-to-order-online/td-p/1968373 where the guy couldn’t complete his order because it was through a cash back website and all the support team insisted on making the order though BT directly. If the company doesn’t want to give cash back why have network affiliations with other websites to promote the services? And in my case why make the prospective customer go through the entire sale process online, generate an order number and then delete the order from the system. It looks very deceiving. Can someone please reply and help me place this order with the promised cashback.