cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP on Standby Router

Kingstonsams

Hi,

We have BT Business Broadband with a Smart Hub 2 and Hybrid Connect. The Smart Hub is configured with a static IP address. I would like to keep a spare router in the cupboard by way of a contingency if our main Smart Hub 2 malfunctions. I tested this and it looks like the spare hub does not pick up the static IP when connected to the internet.

Can you please advise as to what I need to do to configure the standby Hub with the same static IP?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

kelper
Guru

What is the make and model of the spare router?

Kingstonsams

It's the same. BT Home Hub 2.

kelper
Guru

The log in details are embedded, so maybe they are tied to the hardware?  You could try backing up the in-use router and restoring the backup to the spare router.

Kingstonsams

Thanks for the suggestion 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Kingstonsams

Kelper is right, the authentication details are necessary to pick up the static IP. If you need a note of these, please send me a Private Message with some account details so I can find these for you. 

^BethM

kelper
Guru

BethM, I have a static IP but I only need my unique login details if using a third-party router.  With the BTB Smart Hub, my settings use the generic green-light@service.btclick.com name and zer0touch password.