cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the internet on a number of BT Smart Hub 2

phelimmc

Hi,

Can anyone please advise we are rolling out a number of BT Smart Hub 2 devices within our infrastructure. Some work from setup fine but we intermittingly encounter issues with other BT Smart Hub 2 devices. 

Typically the blue light shows on the devices that cannot break out to the internet but when you check the Broadband IP address within the Business Smart Hub 2 Manager it lists a private address e.g. 10.15.x.x instead of a public IP.

When you run a 8.8.8.8 ping from the BT Smart Hub 2 you receive a 100% packet loss.

Usually is this issue caused by a faulty router or an issue with the circuit? when we have encountered this issue we tried multiple reboots and also have tried a number of factory resets but the issue still remains.  When we contact BT they cannot see an issue with the line. As I've mentioned when we setup in other sites it works fine.  Is there any other recommended steps  we can do to get this resolved and hopefully avoid encountering this issue going forward.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi phelimnc

Have you tried another router on these circuits to rule out if it's the router or not?

^BethM

kelper
Guru

Is each hub connecting to a different BTB line?  If you swap the locations of a working hub and a non-working hub what happens?  This would tell you if the hub or the line was the cause.

Are you FTTC or FTTP?

Did you get this resolved?

I've tried a known good router from another office and it's not the router. BT are stating the line is fine. Not good.

I've tried a known good router from another office and it's not the router still an issue with the router from another office in that it's not breaking out to the internet or getting a public IP address. BT are stating the line is fine. We are using SOGEA 80:20

Unfortunately not, any futher advice in getting this issue resolved would be appreciated. 

kelper
Guru

You ask for help but don't respond to questions!

kelper
Guru

Can you add some punctuation to this sentence, "I've tried a known good router from another office and it's not the router still an issue with the router from another office in that it's not breaking out to the internet or getting a public IP address. BT are stating the line is fine"

as I can't make any sense of it.  And you still haven't answered my question!