cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@btconnect.com email address and residential FTTP broadband

rob-SMR
Power User

I have currently a BT Business Broadband account*  with two @btconnect.com email addresses and a "digital landline" with a couple of Yealink phone handsets.

As the business activity has ceased I want to change to a BT residential broadband package (FTTP which is available at my address) with the "digital landline" - primarily to reduce costs.

The  @btconnect.com email addresses forward to our own domain (hosted at IONOS) that is used for most email traffic sending & receiving. The @btconnect.com addresses are only used infrequently but I want to retain them for continuity purposes.

It is unclear, and conflicting, from all the posts and stuff I've seen whether I can retain the @btconnect.com addresses if I move to the residential broadband service - an agent at BT told me a few days ago that the addresses would simply transfer to the new residential FTTP service, yet posts here suggest otherwise.

What is the situation please?

AND for further clarification I understand that a new FTTP router will be supplied when the connection is made - will the BLACK (business BB) WiFi repeater disc I have work with the FTTP router? (I was told that it would)

*the account goes back to the heady days of ISDN!!

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rob-SMR

There is no way to retain a btconnect email if you terminate the business broadband it's associated with. I'm sorry you have been misadvised.

In regards to the discs, you will need to ask the residential team about this. Their forum can be found here: https://community.bt.com/

^BethM

rob-SMR
Power User

Thanks - is there any way to keep one of the  btconnect email addresses by just paying for it without the BB service?    There are some posts I've seen that suggest that it's possible for a modest monthly payment.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, these may have been referring to Premium Mail which is a service Residential offer to allow you to keep your btinternet email address. This does not cover btconnect email addresses. 

^BethM