cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT fibre 500 - 500 down, 73 up ?

babeskawn

i've been considering this as people at work tell me they are getting crazy unrealistic speeds for uploads which I find super hard to believe, is it even possible to be getting 500 download 650 upload, even on the gigabit service, is their connection balanced incorrectly or something, is this really a thing or are they mistaken, 650mb upload???

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewFlintof

Is it plausible for someone to achieve 500 download and 650 upload? Sounds unusual; might need checking.

Best Wishes
My OLSD

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi babeskawn

Is this for a business or residential service? 

^BethM

Weaver11748

@babeskawn wrote:

i've been considering this as people at work tell me they are getting crazy unrealistic speeds for uploads which I find super hard to believe, is it even possible to be getting 500 download 650 upload, even on the gigabit rtasks service, is their connection balanced incorrectly or something, is this really a thing or are they mistaken, 650mb upload???

According to the web search results, it is possible to get 500Mbps download and 650Mbps upload speeds, but only on certain types of internet connections. The most common type of connection that can achieve such speeds is fiber-optic, which uses light signals to transmit data over thin glass or plastic fibers. Fiber-optic networks have symmetrical upload and download speeds, meaning they are the same or very close. However, fiber-optic internet is not widely available in every area, and it can be more expensive than other types of connections.

Another type of connection that can offer high upload speeds is cable, which uses coaxial cables to deliver data over the same network as TV signals. Cable internet can have upload speeds from 5Mbps to 50Mbps, depending on the provider and the plan. However, cable internet is not symmetrical, meaning the download speed is usually much higher than the upload speed. Cable internet is also affected by network congestion, meaning the speed can vary depending on the time of day and the number of users.

alishakihn

Is this for a business or residential service?