cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT office 365 and btconnect.com email limitations

barryd555

I am trying to help a client who subscribed about a year ago to BT Office 365 thinking that their exchange mailbox size would be 50gb.  They still use a btconnect.com email address with this account and of course despite them signing up for the 365 with BT and the bigger 50gb exchange mailbox its still limited to 1gb which is now full.  1gb is simply not enough these days for any business.

They have deleted what they can but its still nearly full.  So my question is can they / we register a new domain via BT and have it hosted as the email domain for their BT Office 365 subscription. My thoughts were then to forward any emails from the btconnect.com email to the new one and gradually phase it out.  I got nowhere with calling BT Business sales or tech support with this so thought I would ask on here.

8 REPLIES 8

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi barryd555,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the email address.

Please can you send me a PM with some details of this email address and I'll look into this?

Thanks,

^SamG

barryd555

Thanks Sam

PM sent

barryd555

One thing I have noticed if you login to BT Office 365 and Outlook there is an archive folder.  However I suspect that if we move emails to that folder it will still count as part of the 1gb allowance.  I have read conflicting opinions on this though. Can you confirm this Sam or anyone else?

I really need to find a solution for this ASAP as its pretty critical now.

barryd555

Not had a reply from you @samg. Did you get my PM?

barryd555

In the absence of any support or help whatsoever from BT I can only conclude that if  you go down the 365 route dont go through BT and despite the offering of a 50gb mailbox it does not apply to an existing BT Business BT connect email address which is partly why the end user bought it. If you want 365, go through Microsoft directly. Their support is superb.  Ill probably have to recommend to this client that he moves away from the BT solution. 

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi barryd555,

I'm sorry for the delayed response - I've replied to your PM.

Thanks,

^SamG

Toini

One thing I've noticed is that there is an archive folder when you log in to BT Office 365 and OutlookHowever, if we move emails to that folder, I believe they will continue to count toward the 1 GB limit. However, I've read contrasting viewpoints on this. Sam, can you or anyone else vouch for this?

tonii

BT Office 365 is a cloud-based productivity suite offered by BT, a telecommunications company. It provides a range of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, along with cloud storage and collaboration tools. It allows users to access and work on documents and emails from anywhere using various devices. https://www.blogshour.com/