cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTconnect emails being discontinued

AngelaP

Please can someone tell me if btconnect pop legacy email addresses are being discontinued.  If this is to happen then there will be a lot of people who will be disrupted, both on a personal level and business level.   We have been told this is happening by someone who works at BT but it doesn't seem they are going to let anyone know.   Surely that can't just stop using the server without letting anyone know?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi AngelaP

There are no plans to discontinue BTconnect emails at the moment.

^BethM

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi AngelaP

There are no plans to discontinue BTconnect emails at the moment.

^BethM

AngelaP

Hi BethM

Thank you for confirming the btconnect emails will not be discontinuing.

Lesg1

Who do we contact for support ?.

I've been logged out of my account since Tuesday, unable to reset my password as it just goes round in a loop whereby the troubleshooter shows there is a problem between my account and the server. On contacting BT, it was found they no longer support btconnect email accounts. It's a nightmare to put it mildly.

kelper
Guru

Are you sure?  There are many complaints and mine has also stopped working.

kelper
Guru

Printer, I believe you, but please provide a source for this as the forum admin has denied it.

Mason

A couple of days ago we moved to BT Cloudworks. Immediately we were locked out of our BTConnect business email account. My boss contacted the person managing the transfer and she said BT connect was very old and no longer supported and that we had just lost it all - this does not sound very good - we weren't warned about it in advance and have lost a lot of contacts and information in the emails, as well as a means for our customers to contact us. I can't believe everthing has gone from the server. I checked with microsoft as we accessed the account through outlook, but we are locked out of the account and the microsoft assistant said it was at the BT server end of things. I can't believe they would treat longstanding customers in this way. Plus - it wasn't our choice to move to Cloudworks - BT insisted.

Mason

Looking at comments from other people on the forum generally, maybe it wasn't the change to Cloudworks that did it. Seems several accounts have been lost since 1st April with no warning, no support and no solutions. A very cavalier way to treat long-standing business customers. BTConnect seems to be being discontinued one account at at time.

zarrafakt

So yesterday was the supposed big turn off of POP3 access and yes indeed my email clients have all stopped working with the exception of the Outlook mobile app. I can still access my email on my phone but not on my pc. My main email client with 25 years of email history has ground to a halt. Web access is not a practical solution and migration (without a domain) appears impossible.

I understand that this has been done to improve security although I am a little confused why BT have not implemented the modern security protocols that the rest of the planet have adopted.

But here's the thing, my partner's email (also btconnect) still works using POP3. I checked back and found another btconnect email address (created at the same time as my main one). I entered the details into my "insecure" email client and guess what, it works. Go figure.

kelper
Guru

Gmail will, from today, send and receive my btconnect emails!  formerly it said btconnect emails were not supported.  But the security settings are SSL receiving and TSL sending.