cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt connect problems

Bonjohn28

Last  week, I had an Outlook update and ever since then I can no longer access my btconnect email account. I have tried resetting the password but I just keep going round in a loop ending up where I started.

Seemingly BT no longer support btconnect email accounts and I am at a loss as to who to turn to for help. From what the troubleshooter says, it's a problem between the server and my account ?.

I've had this account for many years and never had a problem with it before, until now.

2 REPLIES 2

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Bonjohn28

Can you access your emails by logging into outlook.office.com? Due to the discontinuation of POP authentication, you are no longer able to access BTconnect email addresses through a mail client such as Outlook, you have to access it through the website. 

^BethM

tjrw

Try this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/getting-started-with-the-new-outlook-for-windows-656bb8d9...
Not as good as classic desktop Outlook (e.g. from Office 365) yet but getting there.
Biggest omission at the moment is ability to save emails locally (to pst files as in classic Outlook) but allegedly this is coming.