cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Btconnect email hacked and password changed

rogerramjet365
How do I recover my email that has been hacked and the password changed. The reason it’s a problem it was a work email I set up some years ago and when I retired set it to forward emails to my private email. It’s sending out thousands of junk email and all the hundreds of return spam is being forwarded to me and I cannot stop it. I would prefer it shut down! Any help greatly received!
5 REPLIES 5

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rogerramjet365

If you're unable to get into the account, you can do a password reset here. If you've tried this and aren't getting anywhere with it, please Private Message me your details and I will look into this for you

Beth

^BethM

DavidB41

I have a similar situation in that my BtConnect account appears to have been compromised. It was set up in 2005 and I still used it as a spare account for many years. It has been targeted by someone trying to get to my Facebook account and I now have received a message that the account's mailbox is full. 

I have tried to log on but it tells me that the account is locked and to contact my administrator. This administrator set up the account in 2005 and no longer exists as indeed the Firm no longer exists.

I just want to access the account to shut it down totally but after chatting with the BT Residential and BT Business separately yesteerday - neither can help me?

I am caught in a bit of a trap here as I don;t know who to contact to help? 

Any advice appreciated

DB

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi DavidB41

Can you please send me a Private Message with the details so I can look into this for you? 

Beth 

^BethM

petergroft
Power User

To change your password for your btconnect.com email address, go to secure.business.bt.com. You then enter your email address into the box provided and click "I've forgotten my password" this will take you through the reset journey.

Regards,
Peter

Astrasheep

I am having exactly the same issues.