cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked - can't send after resetting pasword.

frpatrickmckeow

Hello, 

I have a btconnect.com email address. Yesterday, I received thousands of error emails:

Your message couldn't be delivered because you weren't recognized as a valid sender. The most common reason for this is that your email address is suspected of sending spam and it's no longer allowed to send email. Contact your email admin for assistance.

I changed my password, updated security and deleted the errors. But I still can't send emails. I get a bounce with the same message as above. BT Business support can't help me as they can't find a broadband service attached to my email address.

My email service seems to be secured now. Can I get my email address unblocked somehow, please?

7 REPLIES 7

kelper
Guru

If you were able to reset the password, I don't think you've been hacked.  Someone is just using your email address.  They have been sending hundreds of spams pretending to come from you and so your email address is blacklisted.  Can you receive emails?  Do you have ant sent messages that you did not write?

Can you send email if you change your location?  Maybe your IP address is blocked.  You can check if it is at https://check.spamhaus.org/

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

HI frpatrickmckeow, 

When issues like that occur we ask that you change your password and run a full virus scan on your PC. Once you have completed them, send me a PM and I will assist with unblocking you. 

Thanks

^PaulC1

frpatrickmckeow

Thank you. I've checked the IP address and sent you a pm. 

arrows

@ myindigocard wrote:

Hello, 

I have a btconnect.com email address. Yesterday, I received thousands of error emails:

Your message couldn't be delivered because you weren't recognized as a valid sender. The most common reason for this is that your email address is suspected of sending spam and it's no longer allowed to send email. Contact your email admin for assistance.

I changed my password, updated security and deleted the errors. But I still can't send emails. I get a bounce with the same message as above. BT Business support can't help me as they can't find a broadband service attached to my email address.

My email service seems to be secured now. Can I get my email address unblocked somehow, please?

1. A recovery email address helps you get back in and is where we send you security notifications.
  2. An alternate email address is one you can use to sign in.
  3. A contact email address is where you get information about most Google services you use.

RogerRuffin

Pretty much everything in the subject sums it up.

Had an account for years. Sent a ticket to support using a thread I found the other day with some helpful info but haven’t heard back. The email I use that’s connected to my account stopped receiving emails on the last community I joined and requesting the password reset doesn’t work. Maybe somebody changed my email?

Jimmywick

Here are some key signs that your account has been hacked:

You've received a  Account alert asking you to confirm login activity (when you haven't logged in)
Your contacts say they’ve received an unusual email or spam from you that you didn’t send
You notice emails in your sent folder that you didn’t send
Your username has changed without your permission
You aren’t receiving any emails
Emails have been deleted from your inbox but aren’t in your trash folder

Regards,
J Wick

petergroft
Power User

Click on your profile icon, then ‘Manage your Google Account’

In the top left of your screen, click on ‘Security’

Scroll down to the section called ‘Signing in to Google’ then click on ‘Password’ and follow the instructions on the screen

Hope This Works,

Peter