cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email login tangle

saguaro

I just set up a BT business broadband account on behalf of a small organization where I volunteer as treasurer. However, I can't seem to login to the email account that (I think?) should come with it. The links from 'my account' on the BT website just take me to microsoft 365, which is signed into my unrelated work account.

I think the issue is that my BT.com login is my personal gmail address -- which is also the username of my personal Microsoft account, and which is set up to authenticate via the Microsoft Authenticator app.  So if I try to sign in with that username on the Outlook webmail site it just takes me to the unused outlook.com mailbox for that account (which has one 'welcome' email in it from 2014).

As long as nothing important comes to whatever the BT email address is supposed to be, it doesn't much matter. But it would be nice to be able to see it! Surely I can't be the only customer this has ever happened to? Is there any way to disentangle it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VickyK
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @saguaro ,

Our BT business accounts don't come with an email address anymore. The email address you gave will be the one you use to log into your online account.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

^VickyK

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VickyK
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @saguaro ,

Our BT business accounts don't come with an email address anymore. The email address you gave will be the one you use to log into your online account.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

^VickyK