cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close the Microsoft 365 Essentials account?

adresch

Hi all, 

I'm hoping someone can help with this, I signed up for Business fibre many years ago and moved onto another provider quite some time ago

But despite cancelling my BT services, I'm still signed up for the Business Essentials 365 service on my personal domain.

It wouldn't be so much of a problem except I'm receiving constant emails from Microsoft about service changes, which can't apparently be unsubscribed from

I also can't remove my domain or email from the account in question because it's managed by BT.

Does anyone know a way for BT to remove my domain/email from Microsoft's 365 services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi adresch

So I can look into this for you from the BT side, can you please send a Private Message with some details?

^BethM

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi adresch

So I can look into this for you from the BT side, can you please send a Private Message with some details?

^BethM

adresch

Hi Beth, I just tried to send you a long PM and it says: 

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

adresch

Ah looks like it finally sent, it kept complaining about invalid HTML or something.

adresch

Thank you, this has now been resolved 🙂

adresch

Argh, spoke to soon, another email.

2022-03-25 (3).jpg

jtanna
Power User

@adresch

You will continue to receive some messages as they are sometimes sent under what is called "Delayed Sending". this means that the messages have been sent but they do not reach the inboxes until some date/time has reached.

I do this all the time when using Outlook.com or gmail.com and you can schedule the emails for some future dates.

Microsoft must be sending millions of messages a day and to control the traffic on mail servers they schedule some messages based on geographical locations. I guess this makes sence and regulate the load on the network.

Allow at least 48 hours to see if they stop.

Me thinks so anyway.

petergroft
Power User

Sign in to Services & subscriptions on the Microsoft account website. For each paid subscription, go to the subscription you want to cancel and select Payment & billing which appears under the name of the subscription you want to cancel. Select Cancel and follow the remaining instructions.

Regards,

Peter