cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP settings for btconnect.com email addresses

Trevstonbury

Hello,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to setup btconnect.com email addresses up using IMAP and what the settings are? Currently I can only get it working via POP3?

Kind regards

Trevor

14 REPLIES 14

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi AndrewNeedham,

The error seems to suggest it's a problem with the server configuration when you're trying to set it up as an Office365 account. Can I ask you follow this guide in regards to the server config to see if that resolves it. If it's still not working, please let me know and we can link up and I can have a look into it on my end.

Beth

^BethM

ATCSROB

I have a a MS surface GO 3 and have had no joy at all with accessing my BTconnect email on my device.

Its set up fine on my iPhone and was fine on my IPad but Ive just swaped for work to the Go3 

work email fine (IAMP) 

btconnect NO 

Ive tried several diffrent options but still no joy in setting it up 

any help would be appreciated

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ATCSROB,

btconnect.com emails need to be setup as POP3 emails. The following link should help you but if you need further assistance, let me know here please BT email Help

Thanks

^PaulC

ATCSROB

Hi Paul C

Yep done all of that and no joy at all my beef is that I pay for an email that doent deliver and it should and it cant be set up on the Go 3 running windows 11 

I am really frustrated!

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ATCSROB, 

Let me look into it. Windows 11 is still new to me. The email address will not work on IMAP though. It's only complatible with POP3. You would be able to log into the webmail using Email Login but it won't use the email app itself. Let me investigate and get back to you. 

Thanks

^PaulC