cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining @btconnect.com email address

Argonaut

I have a small number of btconnect.com email addresses and have used these for at least 25 years.

I no longer have a BT business account, though email still works happily  (assume as I have BT retail account though another post here says no)

In any event, been contacted today by TalkTalk, offering a better broadband deal, maintaining landline number .... and key .. when I asked them about "@btconnect.com"  email address they said they absolutely will remain valid.

I questioned validity of that statement, and a manager then came online and confirmed that the email address are 'mine'  and I have a right to keep them, and therefore they will continue to work.

As this email is hosted on a BT Business server I asked them do they have an agreement to keep these live ..... they said yes.

Anybody know if this is correct ?

2 REPLIES 2

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Argonaut

There's no such agreement between us and anyone else to keep BTconnects active - I am not sure why you're being advised this but it's not correct.

Beth

^BethM

Argonaut

As  I mentioned in OP

Talk-Talk advisor was the one who made the comment, I had phonedSales enquiry line to get a quote, and to ask clearly & explicitly if I moved, can I keep @btconnect address  ... and was told YES

I did have doubts, he put me on hold to check with his manager, and confirmed yes .......    don't trust Talk-Talk sales is the answer.

OffCom may force BT to allow email transportability .... much like they forced them to accept non-BT phones and to open up copper to competition.