cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook email password

Davie

Hi

i have forgotten my password for outlook used on my email …bt connect.com. When I try to reset the password it states only an administrator can reset. I have reset my bt business password. Should this now be the password I used to access outlook ?

mant thanks

8 REPLIES 8

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Davie

Yes, when you reset the password for the BT Business account of the same @btconnect.com username, it changes the email password for Outlook also.

^BethM

Davie

Thanks for the reply Beth.

I have tried logging in to the outlook app with the new password and it still does not let me access my account. Should the new password be active right away ? Any other suggestions ? 

best regards 

Davie

Anyone able to help with this one ? Who would the account administrator be ? 

regards

petergroft
Power User

Your Outlook.com password is the same as your Microsoft account password.
Go to Microsoft account security and select Password security.
As a security measure, you might be prompted to verify your identity with a security code.
Enter your current password, enter your new password, and then select Save.

Hope This Helps,

Peter

Davie

Hello Beth

i wonder if you could try and help me. I still cannot access outlook on my new phone as it’s asking me for my password which I have forgotten. I have reset my password on the bt business account a few times but it never seems to transfer to the outlook mail account. Any idea what I could be doing wrong ? I can still access my outlook mail account on my iPad but have no idea if the original password is stored on the iPad.

best regards 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Davie

Are you able to log onto https://login.microsoftonline.com/ with your password? 

^BethM

Davie

Beth

Thanks for the reply. Yes I can access this but the mailbox is completely empty. No mail or folders are showing. I am not sure what is going on. I can still access the outlook mail account from my iPad to read and send mails  but  I would like to use my phone to use mail.
regards 

Davie

Still got the same problem if anyone can assist ?

regards