cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to mu btconnect.com email

cj1739

I access my btconnect.com email on the Mail app on my Apple MacBook and iPhone.

For some reason this evening I cannot access the account.

Message appears to say that the password is incorrect.

I've tried resetting but still doesn't work.

Can you help please?

(I can still access email via the web page outlook.office.com/mail for some reason)

7 REPLIES 7

kelper
Guru

check the POP and SMTP details in the Mail app - they have changed

Protocol

Server name

Port

Encryption method

POP3

Outlook.office365.com

SSL/TLS

IMAP4

Outlook.office365.com

SSL/TLS

SMTP

Smtp.office365.com

STARTTLS*

*Gmail seems happy just to use TLS

cj1739

Hi keeper, thanks for the reply.

So should the Host Name for the outgoing mail server be Outlook.office365.com? At the moment it's smtp.office365.com

I changed it but didn't seem to make any difference.

Not sure if all POP accounts have now been disabled?

Thanks

cj1739

Sorry - kelper (autocorrect!)

kelper
Guru

SMTP.office365.com was correct and is what I said for the SMTP server.  Did you check the port numbers and encryption 

cj1739

Hi. Port numbers and encryption seem to be correct.

So I was wondering if POP accounts are now withdrawn from use and I have to create another email account (IMAP?)

Thanks

kelper
Guru

I don't know.  I use Gmail on my Windows PC and Android phone and can still read and send emails with BT connect.  But I don't use Exchange.

zarrafakt

So BT turned off POP3 access to email. Other than webmail and apparently Gmail the Outlook mobile app works on Android. I am currently moving my email baggage using Thunderbird from my BTConnect account (RIP) to a new Outlook IMAP account. I used to be a BT customer but left a number of years ago. They downrated my email account to "basic" Business Email Lite and that is now a dead duck. I believe that if you are still a BT paying customer there are other options available.