cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Web Outlook

goldhilluk
Very slow Outlook

Due to POP 3 suspension by BT  had to move my account from Outlook mail on my computer to their Web version of Outlook (Microsoft). Now used it for nearly 2 weeks and I am in the computer business and reasonably savvy, however it is Slow, Clunky, Not Responsive and from a business perspective just plain awful. I have deleted all files, cleared all unnecessary setting and still slow, slow and slow... Sometimes waiting 40-50 seconds for emails to appear  or populate. Awkward to insert documents, cumbersome and slow to do most tasks. Talk to BT and they have the same frustration from all customers but offer no solutions.. Do any BT community members have any suggestions how to speed the program up. Please do not tell me to delete as I have not much left to delete and this makes no difference anyway.  

4 REPLIES 4

zarrafakt

I looked at all of the apparent options but because they only allow web access or the Outlook mobile app there is no effective solution. I have decided to lose my 25 year old email address to avoid ever being put in this position again and am moving all emails over to a new Outlook account. It is causing great pain and taking many days but should be worth it in the end. Remember, BT have advised of further security "improvements" later this year.

rachelgomez123
Power User

To improve the performance of BT's Web version of Outlook:

Clear browser cache and cookies.
Disable unnecessary browser extensions.
Check your internet connection for stability and speed.
Optimize browser settings.
Try using a different browser.
Contact BT Support for any known issues or recommendations.
Consider exploring alternative email providers or clients if the performance issues persist.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

JeremyHigginson

WRT the current inability to store @btconnect.com  (and I suspect @btinternet.com) emails in the desktop version of Outlook, I devised the following solution:

When I receive an email in the web version of Outlook, I have a created a new rule that automatically forwards it to the same id with an @outlook.com suffix (which I have explicitly set up for this purpose). This can be captured by desktop Outlook (as it uses the stronger authentication methods), and enables me to carry on keeping a complete historical records of all emails from year zero....

Cumbersome but workable. Note that you should also be able to send outgoing emails, making sure that the reply to is set to the old "@btconnect.com" address), so in theory your recipient will never need to change your email details (or realise that they have changed).

I don't bother to send from the .pst file used by the desktop, as there doesn't seem to be a problem replying directly from the web page version of Outlook.

Rdixit

If your Outlook works very slowly then you have to split your PST file. It can be achieved by SysTools PST Splitter Tool easily. You can use this tool and get the right results. Actually, it is packed with advanced features to split the PST file on the basis of size, date, year, folder, etc. It is the recommended tool by experts. I also used that tool when I was searching for the same problem. After trying different tools. I finally got my solution to split the PST file from the size of 1 MB to 1 TB. It is also very easy to operate.

• Just Download and Open the tool
  • Select the required file
  • Browse the location for the resulting file.
  • Choose the option to split from size, date, year, folder, etc.