cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

btconnect email has stopped!

jrhewitson

Since last summer the email addresses have gradually ceased to operate! I tried updating the passwords but there seems to be a delay in the new password being accepted (synced)! I know there is a 'gateway' involved but not anything more.MAIL_CONNECTION_DOCTOR.png Any advice is now welcome.

12 REPLIES 12

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jrhewitson, 

Have you followed these steps?  Resetting email password

If following these steps still doesn't work, send me a Private Message and I can look into this further. 

Thanks

^PaulC1

jrhewitson

The password was not changed in actual fact, so I cannot identify where the problem exists! Any assistance is welcome thanks.Forgotten-your-login-details.pngmail-can't-connect-2-the-account.png

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

HI jrhewitson, 

Are you able to log into secure.business.bt.com with the email address and then go into the "email" section? It will prompt you to log into Microsoft and then you click Outlook. Can you view the emails on the website? 

Thanks

^PaulC1

jrhewitson

Hi, it appears that the passwords have changed on some screens. The screens mention 'Manage Services' but I can't find such a link!in-your-email-software.png

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

HI JrHewitson, 

Is it this guide you are using? MAC MAIL Setup. Let me know if it is, because i can certainly help you further to get it working. 

Thanks

^PaulC1

jrhewitson

Hi, this is as far I can get!Btconnect-btconnect.com.png

jrhewitson

Hi, an update! This is Microsoft, not BT, unwilling to accept a second email address 😞Get_Back_In2_your.png

jrhewitson

Hi, sorry I missed the call. Here is an example from the Macbook. I will phone the 0800 number next thanks.Btconnect.com_SMTP.png

jrhewitson

No change thus far!SMTP_AUTH_Exception.png