cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Id

Josh1111

On my BT cordless, when I use caller ID to call back, it dials 1234 first and calls time rather than the number that called. The same thing happens when you try to call in to several services like call diversion, it just calls 1234 and calls time. Why? How do I fix?

My provider is Sky.

1 REPLY 1

michel78O

According to my knowledge ensure that you are using the correct procedure for the call back feature on your BT cordless phone. Typically, you should be able to press a dedicated button for call back or use a specific sequence of keys to return the call.  If your BT cordless phone has firmware or software updates available, make sure to install them. Sometimes, updates can address known issues and improve the overall functionality of the phone. Since you mentioned that your provider is Sky, it's possible that there may be a compatibility issue between your BT cordless phone and Sky's services. In such cases, it's best to contact Sky's customer support and inquire about the specific issue you are facing. They may be able to provide guidance or troubleshoot the problem for you.

1. Reset Cordless Phone: As a last resort, you can try resetting your BT cordless phone to its factory settings. Keep in mind that doing this will erase any customized settings, so make sure to back up any important data or configurations before proceeding.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's best to contact the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on the model and specifications of your BT cordless phone.