cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Voice Express Phonebook

WycheGnome

I have just switched over to cloud voice express and successfully registered the hand sets.

In my account (on line) there is a contact list facility. What does the sync button actually do? Currently it restarts the sync facility and claims to be doing something.

Logic says it should sync the contacts with those on the hand sets but it fails totally to do this. Why?

On the hand sets attempts to call up the Phonebook simply produce a connect error. Why.

Solutions to both issues are need please.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It took some while to solve the problem!

It seems that some of the W70 base stations were distributed with the communication protocol wrongly set to IP4 and IP6. This resulted in the hand-sets not communicating reliably with the base station and failing to pick up the Phonebook.

It has been changed to IP4 (only) and this has resolved both the synchronisation and communication issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi WycheGnome

Which handsets are you using?

^BethM

W73H handsets.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi WycheGnome

If the sync button isn't syncing the contacts to your devices, I would advise you speak to the technical support team to troubleshoot further. You can find their contact details here: https://business.bt.com/help/contact-us-business/#fix-phonelineandservices-cloudvoiceexpress

When you say you call up the Phonebook, do you mean you call the Directory Information line? Or something different?

^BethM

'Phonebook' in the Directory section on the Handsets.

It took some while to solve the problem!

It seems that some of the W70 base stations were distributed with the communication protocol wrongly set to IP4 and IP6. This resulted in the hand-sets not communicating reliably with the base station and failing to pick up the Phonebook.

It has been changed to IP4 (only) and this has resolved both the synchronisation and communication issue.