cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business broadband and BT Sport

dhalijet

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but the BT Sport package states that if you have BT Broadband, then the subscription for the first year of BT Sport is free. 

When I try and sign up, it seems to think that being a  BT Business customer doesn't fulfill the criterion for the freebie.

Does anyone know anything about this ? 

Thanks.

57 REPLIES 57

goodwood

Same thing happens to me

The registration process on the BTsport section does not recognise my BT Business account number

Yet again no reward for long term BT bus BB customers

I am considering terminating contract now

MHC
Guru

Have hit this issue too.

I have saved copies of the online and newspaper ads which state that for a BB customer it is FREE.

I have been told that I can have it for £75/month!

It is logical that BT restricts commercial users - such as Pubs, Clubs, Shops &c where they will be using it to attract and retain customers.  However, they seem to forget the small one-man consultancy (or similar business) that chooses Business BB for the resilience and support - even accepting the higher cost, but who works from home and uses te same BB service for personal use in the evenings.

I think that someone forgot about that group when building the business plan and the marketing strategy that teh BT board approved.

It was suggested tha I downgrade to Res BB,   but then they siad no, bcasue it would be used for business.

I am planning to escalate this at senior level within BT and expect some answers.    If not - ASA and OFCOM will be next.

grahamporcas

I have just spoken with a BTSport agent who has told me that BT Business Broadband customers are excluded from the offer as publicised recently and suggested we changed the account to BT residential!

When I pointed out that the offer clearly stated BT Broadband he advised me to read the Ts&Cs, any one got these still from the week end papers?

At best BT have been misleading, if not totally devious here, but why?

MHC
Guru

I have a copy - there is NO mention of Res/Business customers just BT Broadband customers.

It gives a T&C link ...   http://www.bt.com/sport/      and again no restrictions mentioned.

Scroll to the bottom for the "Legal Stuff"  and it says:

The legal stuff

BT Sport – Available 1 Aug. BT broadband customers can watch BT Sport online at home with a minimum line speed of 400kbps. To watch BT Sport online elsewhere you need 3G/4G/wifi (charges may apply).To watch BT Sport at btsport.com you need Microsoft Silverlight. The BT Sport App works on iPhone (3GS and above), iPad (iOS 5.1.1 and above) & selected Android devices with OS 4.0). BT Sport is also available on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform and BT TV with Infinity for new and existing broadband customers who sign up for 12 months or have 12 months remaining on their contract; ongoing renewal needed to get at a BT Sport at a discount. Sport on BT TV requires compatible box, fee £49-£299 may apply. For Sky Digital Satellite Platform viewing a satellite receiver box and active viewing card are required. e-billing required. UK only. Terms apply. Please check bt.com/sport for details.

HD TV pack usual price is £3 a month. Requires HD ready TV & cabling. To watch HD on Sky Digital Satellite Platform, customers need a black satellite receiver box. Terms apply.

Broadband Special Offers – If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to – including when it ends. The basic price of BT broadband stays the same: and that's what you'll pay when any special offer stops.

Again - no restriction or mention of Res only.

I have taken screen shots of the page for later reference too.

If they suggest converting to a Res service ask if they will also provide 24/7 UK based support,  NBD fix times, guaranteed minimum speeds, fixed IP and hubs capable of supporting VOIP.

grahamporcas

Latest suggestion from them is that we have to instal and pay for a second BT broadband line with a residential account at £15.75 per month in addition to the business account.

It's quite clear they haven't thought this through and it needs to be brought to the attention of some one in authority at BT.

Probably Graham Sutherland?

MHC
Guru

You will need a Broadband account, a basic phone line account and then pay an installation fee!

Graham Sutherland is one option,   I have an alternate slightly higher up that I may contact.

jackburton

I'm also in the same situation, basically a residential customer but on the business product (no idea why apart from to retain the btconnect email addresses).

Anybody have an update on this or a contact email address I can email to join in the complaining?

grahamporcas

I have written to Graham Sutherland, no reply yet.

K-price
Many thanks for sharing this problem and for contacting senior management in BT. I am also in the same predicament. BT told me earlier this afternoon that I either have to move my broadband from business to domestic or pay to receive BT Sport. I am also willing to help resolve this by also sending emails to BT as required.