cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business broadband and BT Sport

dhalijet

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but the BT Sport package states that if you have BT Broadband, then the subscription for the first year of BT Sport is free. 

When I try and sign up, it seems to think that being a  BT Business customer doesn't fulfill the criterion for the freebie.

Does anyone know anything about this ? 

Thanks.

57 REPLIES 57

MikeMoon

Anybody can tell me about BT Business broadband. 

Actually I have a small business which growing day by day and I can't afford so many people official work. so can you please suggest me a software which could assist me about the stock and inventory and other business managment.

MikeMoon

Anybody can tell me about BT Business broadband. 

Actually I have a small business which growing day by day and I can't afford so many people official work. so can you please suggest me a software which could assist me about the stock and inventory and other business managment.

Best Business Management Apps

grahamporcas

I wrote to the new Chairman Gavin Paterson asking if he was aware of our situation and have finally had a response from his office that he is aware but there is nothing they can do. It seems that BT have contractual problems that prevent them from offering the BT Sports service for use on business premises and had therefore decided that it will only be offered to residential customers. Their advertising and marketing department will address the incorrect advertising claims that this will be free to all BT Broadband customers, or even just UK Residential Broadband customers as currently stated. It will only be free to customers with a Residential Broadband package on a Residential line.

I have a Business Broadband package on a Residential line, so that counts me out then!

Rather bizarrely they suggested I move to Sky, this on the day that they were crowing how successful the new service was and how much market share they have taken from Sky, not for much longer if they continue to recommend that their long-term customers should change. Unfortunately the Sky Broadband service does not meet my requirements as otherwise I would.

I also question just how successful this launch has been, like many others I used the free access day weekend before last and note that they claim market share results based on viewing statistics including this period, so totally flawed, I question what their real market share is.

If a were a shareholder I would be asking questions of the new Chairman as to what action he intends to take regarding what is clearly a totally mismanaged new product launch, heads should roll!

As far as I am concerned this is the end of the matter, I can do without BT Sports and suspect that before long many others might reach a similar conclusion, especially once the charges kick in next year.

MHC
Guru

@grahamporcas wrote:

I wrote to the new Chairman Gavin Paterson asking if he was aware of our situation and have finally had a response from his office that he is aware but there is nothing they can do. It seems that BT have contractual problems that prevent them from offering the BT Sports service for use on business premises and had therefore decided that it will only be offered to residential customers. Their advertising and marketing department will address the incorrect advertising claims that this will be free to all BT Broadband customers, or even just UK Residential Broadband customers as currently stated. It will only be free to customers with a Residential Broadband package on a Residential line.

I have a Business Broadband package on a Residential line, so that counts me out then!

... contractual problems that prevent them from offering the BT Sports service for use on business premises  ...

That should not be a problem for Home Workers such as me.    I work from home,  it is a residence and not a business premises ... so why can they not permit ciustomes of that type to have the service?

As a shareholder, this may well be on the list of questions for the next AGM.

itsmerazor

Hi All there is a way around getting back at BT for treating its small business customers with contempt

i have got my own website (small annual cost) with my own email which i have re-directed to my bt account i have told all my friends and business that i have changed my email address so at the moment i am getting both BT and my other emails as soon as all my contacts are emailing me on the new email address i will be able to change to who ever i wish as i will not be tied to anyone for my emails

As soon as my present contract is up i will change from BT for my Business and all i need to do is re-direct my emails to the new supplier its that easy

this happend with the redcare side of BT they thought that they could mess businesses around and it did not matter if they lost 1 or 2 customers now they have lost 1/2 there customers to other suppliers they are running round like blue a*** flies trying to keep what they have left which in getting smaller all the time

Razor

B-B
You want BT Sport, then change from BT business bb to residential, except you can't until you're out of contract, well that's what they told me when I tried. But then BT will NEVER understand the concept of customer service, will they?

mann
BT are disgraceful! We are farmers so residential & business from home. Have BT business I was told that the business deal had everything the residential did also faster speed & we pay for a 24 hr repair - We live in the sticks & speeds are not brilliant neither is the line . repairs to residential lines take ages
This was a blatant lie. We pay more & get less than residential customers . I think we need to complain about this. I understand. B. T are buying a lot of sports rights at the moment to try and keep afloat & gain support. Obviously they bony want the support of small businesses . This disgrace needs to be publicized.

mann
I have just spoken to by residential by sport. She was quite stroppy and obviously fed up about by business & by sport. However. She said. Business customers could have bt sport for 12 pounds a month if you are res customer and don't have broadband you pay 12pounds a month for by sport .She also said they had received so any complaints that they are looking at doing something for small business customers . If they can do it for 13 pounds why not for a pound a year. The licence is irrelevant ! I think the solution is keep complaining. Ringing up costs them money too they have to pay someone to answer the phone !!!