cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business broadband and BT Sport

dhalijet

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but the BT Sport package states that if you have BT Broadband, then the subscription for the first year of BT Sport is free. 

When I try and sign up, it seems to think that being a  BT Business customer doesn't fulfill the criterion for the freebie.

Does anyone know anything about this ? 

Thanks.

57 REPLIES 57

johnmearnsuk

I have just called BT to register for BT Sport. I am a residential customer who elected for Business Broadband due to poor upload speed on residential broadband. I believe I am being discriminated as the (BT) are only offering BT Residential Broadband users free BT Sport. Therefore, I am paying more per month as a BT business broadband customer. The suggestion from BT ~ downgrade from Business Broadband to Residential Broadband and potentially have a lower upload speed OR keep the existing business broadband and pay a £15 connection fee and £12 per month for this 'supposed' FREE offering from BT. This is absolutely crazy! I don't understand how they can justify this discrimination when I'm living in a house and I'm not operating as a business premise, e.g. an office, pub or a hotel.

Ian1974

Hi All,

The link to the terms and conditions posted earlier is from the "BT at home" section of the website and relates to residential customers only.

For any BT Sport enquiries for Business, please refer to the following site.

http://business.bt.com/broadband-and-internet/business-broadband/bt-sport/

The full Business sports site is also at

https://btsportbusiness.com/

Kind Regards,

Ian - F -

BT Business Support

MHC
Guru

Ian,

I will refer you to teh original advertisments and the "small print".  No where did it specifically say Residential or Business just BT Broadband customers. 

It was only later did the "residential only" caveat get applied.

I work form home and need the resilience that BT Business provides - I cannot suffer another major outage similar to te last of several weeks;  and also use a static IP   As such I use my Broadband service for residential purposes too.

Maybe I should change my service from Business to Residential - but BT will not agree to this.

Ian1974

If you require BT Sport for your Business Line, please refer to the links provided in my previous post.

Kind regards,

Ian Ferrier

BT Business Support

grahamporcas

Ian

Your responses here are obtuse and unhelpful although I suppose you have to toe the company line.

We are all in the same boat having been lead to believe that "Free with any BT Broadband package" (your own publicity material) means also those of us who have to use Business Broadband at home.

All references you quote relate to pubs and clubs who would use this service for public entertainment, we are not in this category and it seems that BT, including you, have missed this point.

I have written to Graham Sutherland about it but he has not bothered to reply so I presume BT is not interested in what is probably just a very small group of it's customers.

It is difficult for me to change my broadband supplier due to the various tie-ins I have with my package, otherwise I would as clearly BT is not being honest regarding this entire affair which gives a very bad impression.

It would at least be appropriate for someone from BT to apologise.

Regards

Graham Porcas

marchhog12

I have just had a conversation with about changing over to them my phone line and broadband from sky to business account to speed up the broadband, first conversation was yes we can supply a faster service,great.So waiting a call back from bt to set up this service it never came.So I rang the business section to be told that not only was the increase in speed not possible with a business line,as you pointed out BT 1&2 SPORT not avaiable to business broad band,and advised to go with a res package, great back to square one.Can any one support or confirm what I was told is correct!

grahamporcas

Marchhog12

Basically yes, you will get the fastest possible service with Business Broadband although this must depend on local conditions, cabling etc.

I get 16-20 Mb in a rural location which I think is good.

I know of others locally on non business tariffs who get much less.

BT Sport is not available to Business Broadband users, contrary to the advertising, unless you sign up to the "clubs and pubs" option which is £75 per month extra, not free as claimed.

I think BT should be ashamed of their behaviour over this matter.

If you are on Sky I would stay with it, I wish it was an option here but apparently not.

MED

Yet another absolute rip off from BT!   Only way to get BT Sport free is to change from a Business account to a domestic account.  I would be happy to do this as I really resent the cost of my extremely poor service but I suspect that would also mean loosing my BT connect email address - does anyone know if that is would be the case?

BobScriv

This hasn't been thought through for small businesses

For small home based businesses we can cancel business broadband and take out personal broadband, charging it to the business

Or

Forget BT Sport and use a package from another supplier

I'd like to encourage BT Sport if possible

Picko76
I've had this same issue!! Absolutely disgusted with BT but I have no option to change as BT is all that's available, it seems running a business and paying BT for overpriced and under performing broadband entitles you to nothing! I was advised to change to a residential packs age but as I'm on a BT business phone line this is not allowed and also due to using the broadband for business use also makes this against BT t&c's. once again no thought from BT and another Kick in the teeth for the small business's that run from a home office. As previously stated the original offer was for BT broadband customers no mention of business exclusion. If I had choice BT would get told to stuff it right where the sun doesn't shine ! I will gladly add my voice and send any emails etc BT as required. Not holding my breath for BT to resolve this matter though based on previous issues I've had. They don't even bother replying to complaints.