cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business broadband and BT Sport

dhalijet

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but the BT Sport package states that if you have BT Broadband, then the subscription for the first year of BT Sport is free. 

When I try and sign up, it seems to think that being a  BT Business customer doesn't fulfill the criterion for the freebie.

Does anyone know anything about this ? 

Thanks.

57 REPLIES 57

grahamporcas

Don't bother, they don't reply.

Clearly BT don't want us so I am signing up with Sky especially as they are now offering more flexible arrangements, I think BT have shot themselves in the foot with this whole fiasco.

It will be interesting to see if the new management set-up just announced will do something to correct the ill will and bad press, but I doubt it.

Sutherland was one of those who never even bothered to reply to my letter.

I wonder if anyone from BT monitors these comments?

Regards

Graham

HypeAMH

UNBELIEVABLE — For the last 5 years I have paid probably around £500 per year for business phone & business broadband. I work from home and these clowns are telling me it's not possible even though no where in the T&Cs does it tell you that.

There last advisor (3 weeks ago) told me it was fine as well. All I can say is either I am contacting Watchdog for this SCAM or that the last business you will ever get from me BT, what a SCAM!!!

AA

BT are shocking! I've been loyal to BT for 19 years despite continually struggling with their inability to communicate effectively.

I called them on Monday to get registered for BT Sport. I have business broadband (which is no faster than the residential package i had with them previously) with them simply because it was the only way i could get a static IP address to work my home CCTV connection.

I couldnt believe it when they advised me that i would have to move back to residential to get free BT Sport.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes - spoke with 3 different advisors, all equally rude and uninterested.

I complained online but no response as yet - won't be holding my breath...

I pay c£750 per year to BT for my phone line, calls and broadband and static IP address. I'm stuck for another 12 months but will now be counting the months down before i move elsewhere...

ajc621

So am not the only one with this issue.  I spent precious time today trying to register online for BT Sports package.  As per everyone else I had no idea having a residential number but business broadband would be an issue!  I spoke to BT too and both times was quoted the small print which is still not clear on their website.  Frustrated as previously discussed I pay more for this service and do not want to change to residential broadband, I work from home. 

This has to be resolved! 

Count me in for any action, I will not give up!

Philbo

Same issue here.  I have 2 business broadbands, one at my shop, the other at my home.  Costs me a fortune.  I'd like BT Sport at

home, but can't get it without paying even more.

Is anyone from BT management actually monitoring this board/thread?   Surely they must be, otherwise what is the point of this board's existence?     If so, could you please make yourself known and flag this up to chairman's level?  You could end up losing business customers as a result of this policy and you need to take action now.

ChrisK-Burford

BT Sport is a business decision to maintain BT's Broadband base. - funny way ro treat your Business customers therefore.

(Ignore any "Help " from BT as they never understand the issue, just toe the company line rather than be proactive at signalling an issue to higher management.)

I'd hoped to use the app on my iphone, having been a  business and residential customer since the days of erratic dial up modems and as usual with all companies like this end up getting shafted....nice to have on business trips

The answer is not to change from Business to Residential, what help desk could possibly suggest that....or to get another line...

Well done BT, I can live without it , once again you totally missed the target.   Shame because you have all the bits of the jigsaw...... you just forget which ones are upside down....

colinbs
I was advised to move to BT Business in May as I needed a fixed IP address to work on some websites, after being with BT since it started in the early 90's. I do not run a business but had no choice apart from going to another company. I was told I would not be penalised in any way, and negotiated a fair price due to not being a business. But I do feel penalised now. I think it is time to look at another company when the contract is due for renewal

Geoff_Reader

Hellio Ian,

I still have BT Buiness Brandband, although I retired 4 years ago. I  retained my long time email address and found the service received was so much better than for Residential Lines.

I have been a BT Business Broadband customer since the start of Broadband and find the service excellent, albeit at a price.

Like everyone else in this forum, I discovered I am being penalised by remaining with Business Broadband.  I am a  disappointed man.  Please let me know if / when you have a change of heart.

Geoff 

stuffontyne

I'm in the same boat, my previous company had a deal with bt business to direct bill & install bt business broadband for all us home based workers. this then changed and we were free to get broadband from whoever we chose. i stuck with bt business to keep my @btconnect.com email address and have done for 7+ years now iirc

now i find because i have stayed loyal to BT (and Bt Business) in now cant get this 'free' btsport offer as i have a business (and more expensive than residential !! ) account on a residential phone line

very disapointed with the servcice and this line from http://business.bt.com/broadband-and-internet/business-broadband/bt-sport/ sums up BT's attitude...

We know this seems a bit odd. Sorry. It's because BT Sport is only free to our residential customers rather than our business customers. So the question it's really asking is 'Are you a BT residential customer?' And you're not.

YES i am BT residential customer !!!  , the phone line is in my house NOT a business

rant over................

chadders

I'm another residential customer who unwisely, it seems, took out a BT Business broadband package. This was for no other reason than  to gain potential download speeds of a heady 4 Meg (we live 8 miles from a major city and previously managed no higher than 1.5 Meg.

Despite paying through the nose for what is still a mediocre service it seems I am now being penalised by being denied access to BT Sport, despite it being trumpeted in their advertising as being 'free for BT customers'.

Even prior to this revelation I had become painfully aware of BT's utter disregard (some would even call it contempt) for their own customers. Countless hours waiting in for BT engineers/surveyors and also twice being charged for two -top-of-the-range business broadband packages, supposedly  on the same line (although clearly this is a technical impossibility).

With this latest revelation all I have to look forward to (like a prisoner logging each day spent in captivity) is counting down the days to the time when I can escape from this contract. On that happy day I'll be able to  switch to a company who actually gives a toss. 

In the meantime we can all speculate as to what the letters 'BT' actually stand for. I have a few suggestions of my own, all of which are probably best left unrepeated here...