cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT - inefficient and uncaring BOS <order number removed>

suziegrimshaw

FYI - BOS <order number removed>

On 01 October 2010 BT turned our Broadband off in ERROR.  We are a small company that depends on internet for our workload so it hurts financially when we cannot get internet.

After many many phone calls and empty promises I was phoned today (12th October) and told it was now active YIPPEEEEE but alas I was lied to AGAIN!!!!!!

The icing on the cake came when my husband phoned to say that an email had been received from BT on my personal email address timed at 13:17 hrs TODAY (Yes that is after I was told that my broadband was active!) and the email said that I would be getting broadband at 8pm on 18th October - BT YOU HAVE USED THIS COMPANY AS A SACRIFICIAL LAMB - BE PROUD OF YOURSELVES NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME WE ARE HAVING TO USE AN OVERDRAFT AND IF THINGS DONT IMPROVE IN HOURS WE WILL PROBABLY NOT RECOVER, YOU DON'T CARE AND YOU EMPLOY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO HEARTS.  YOUR SYSTEMS ARE WRONG IF YOU TURN OFF A BROADBAND LINE IN ERROR AND CANNOT CORRECT THAT ERROR INSTANTLY!    SLEEP WELL COS I CAN'T

20 REPLIES 20

pro-stretch

we have had exactly the same problem.  Someone at BT has closed our telephone line and internet connection in  ERROR!!!! we have spent hours on the phone being passed around department  trying to get the line reinstated- why can they not just sort out their mistake immediately?  20th October is earliest they can correct their mistake!!!! 

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi suziegrimshaw,

I am really sorry to read you have had problems with BT Business Broadband. I have read through the notes and there is an update on the system which says that this should be working before the date you have mentioned in your post. I have sent you a private mail with the information.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

gtaylor1000

your lucky to even get a reply,i posted a fault 2 days ago with abysmall service, still waiting a reply, ofcom and BT Watchdog is looking like the next step

suziegrimshaw

YIPPEE!!!! We have internet now

I now want someone from BT high management to phone me so that I get the chance to put my case! 

I also want a compensation claim form for the loss to our business and the grief this has caused me.

BT Watchdog is a good idea gtaylor1000 let me know if you need others to make up the numbers
@gtaylor1000 wrote:

your lucky to even get a reply,i posted a fault 2 days ago with abysmall service, still waiting a reply, ofcom and BT Watchdog is looking like the next step

pro-stretch

We are still waiting for a call back/email  to advise WHEN they can reconnect our telephone line - under a new Account number!!!! - I find it so hard to believe that BT can just CLOSE a telephone line without confirmation from the account holder - apparently our account was closed due to our Company downsizing! - BT  administration has obviously mixed our account with another genuine account.  Meanwhile BT is causing massive disruption to my Business with no date of when the reconnection will take place.  I know the next problem will be with the Direct Debits being paid to the 'old' account - what a mess that will be to try to sort out when there is not a dedicated department sort out their mess!!! To add insult to injury i received an email from BT asking me to take part in their BT Business REpair Survey to tell them what I think!!!  What about reconnecting my line so i can operate my business? or Customer Complaints responding to my complaint within the average response time of 1 hour 6 minutes? I am so exasperated we have spent almost 8 hours on the telephone being passed around departments waiting in a queue to be told we are with the wrong deparment or they cant proceed as they havent had the new Sales Order information.  The whole service is a disgrace and do they care as they have the monopoly?!!!!

suziegrimshaw

Hiya

We have now got our broadband back on today (13th October) so 13 days it was off in the end.

I feel for you having to wait to be re-connected and not actually knowing when it will be going back on for definate.  It is a real shambles for a company as big as BT to not being able to put right in minutes what they do in error.  A system MUST be put into place that allows them to prioritise the customers communications when this occurs otherwise as in my case we lose real business income due to no fault of our own. 

The problem is that you cannot get to talk to anyone like an instant response team or director failing that.  They are just not communicating with customers and need to have a good systems shake up.

Good luck

@pro-stretch wrote:

we have had exactly the same problem.  Someone at BT has closed our telephone line and internet connection in  ERROR!!!! we have spent hours on the phone being passed around department  trying to get the line reinstated- why can they not just sort out their mistake immediately?  20th October is earliest they can correct their mistake!!!! 

pro-stretch

congratulations  on getting your line back on!  Yes I will williing include our Company in the list for Watchdog.   Offcom tell us that we can claim up to £5000 compensation.  If BT refuse to pay BT have to put it in writing - then ombusdman OTELO will take up the case

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi suziegrimshaw,

I am really happy to read the broadband is back and working, i have sent you a private mail regarding this.

Hi pro-stretch,

I will have a look over the case information you have supplied to see who is dealing with this issue, and see if we can get an update on the installation.

Kind Regards

Fiona

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi pro-stretch,

I have sent you a private mail about this.

Kind Regards

Fiona