cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Broadband A JOKE

Spear_3108

I signed up for a unlimited broadband office package and have found it's not unlimited even though I have never hit my fair usage policy I am still traffic managed because I am a high user (that why I went for unlimited)

I am capped between 6pm and midnight but this isn't due to fair usage policy but a separate policy (which is section B of the fair usage policy) stating that an unlimited account can be network managed if your a high user (why by unlimited if your not a high user?)

been trying to get my mac code for 2 days but because I am only a little business it takes twice as long.

This only came to light after complaining from October 2010 until a couple of days ago

and the service you get when you question their policy is beyond a joke 4 times phone put down on me, attitude of the customer services what a joke

10 REPLIES 10

MalcolmW

Hi Spear_3108, frontline tech can only reiterate what the fair usage policy means to you and all our other users for which you agreed to at the point of contracting for the service. It is not open for debate and I guess therefore a community forum where most if not all of our customers do actually use their service considerately may not be the best place to gain support on the matter.

In practice users are only traffic managed during the hours of 5pm to 12 midnight after having been recognised as frequent heavy users. If you have not reached your usage allowance it is unlikely that you are capped during these hours. It may be then that you have other problems affecting your line during these hours. Without running a check on your line I am unable to confirm if you have any restrictions in place. (maybe one of our other forum members can check this and let us know)

Customer service should never put the phone down on anyone for whatever reason and BT take this very seriously with disciplinary action taken against any agent doing so without good reason. I must apologies to you if this has happened and assure you that we do take a very dim view on this.

Back to the matter of fair usage. What was your usage for the past week? and what do you use your service for?

Regards

Mal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These Forums are for BT Business customers to discuss how to get the most out of their BT Business products and services with other customers. If you have an issue that needs to be resolved by BT please contact us. Off topic posts will be removed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spear_3108

Hi Spear_3108, frontline tech can only reiterate what the fair usage policy means to you and all our other users for which you agreed to at the point of contracting for the service.

Yes i agree to capping my line if i go over my 100gb limit but i never have closest i got was 85gb

It is not open for debate and I guess therefore a community forum where most if not all of our customers do actually use their service considerately may not be the best place to gain support on the matter.

I'm not looking for support but have read a few problems on here and they could be getting traffic managed at certain times of the day as they too could be deemed high users.

In practice users are only traffic managed during the hours of 5pm to 12 midnight after having been recognised as frequent heavy users. If you have not reached your usage allowance it is unlikely that you are capped during these hours. It may be then that you have other problems affecting your line during these hours. Without running a check on your line I am unable to confirm if you have any restrictions in place. (maybe one of our other forum members can check this and let us know)

I have had 7 engineers call to my house with no errors at all on the line (which is unusual) one told my it was where i was downloading from (100mb server in france with 3 people who have access to it)

What was your usage for the past week? and what do you use your service for?

sept 70GB
oct 60GB
nov 55GB
dec 80GB
jan 85GB
feb up until 14/02/2011 65GB

i use it to download beta's from big companies (microsoft)

also paid subscription to download os disks ECT.

and full website download for editing and uploading back to them.

MalcolmW

Hi Spear_3108, as I said in my post without running a check on your line I am unable to confirm if you have any restrictions in place.

If you update your forum account with your primary BTConnect email address we will be able to check for you.

If you could also run a speed test from our speedtester site located here and post the results here.

Regards

Mal

These Forums are for BT Business customers to discuss how to get the most out of their BT Business products and services with other customers. If you have an issue that needs to be resolved by BT please contact us. Off topic posts will be removed.

Spear_3108
FAQ Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 3562 Kbps 0 Kbps 7150 Kbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 3562 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1200-7150 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :7616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 832 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP. If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance. Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester. Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

MalcolmW

Hi,

Thanks for updating your account details. I am not in the office at the moment so maybe one of our other forum members could check your usage and account for any restrictions.

We will get back to you shortly.

Regards

Mal

Spear_3108

same old bt leave a message telling you someone will get back to you shortly and then nothing what changes in bt?

a-hill
Grand Master

The BT Employee users on here (including myself) come on to help how ever they can in their own time, it could be during breaks at work or even when they are at home after shifts or during time off. It's not always convenient or possible to fully assist, and the forum description clearly states that this forum is intended for other BT customers to conversate on how to get the most out of BT Business BB, and if you have an issue then to please contact us.

a-hill
Grand Master

At the moment there are no usage restrictions on your account, and no restrictions have been applied at all as far as I can see.

MalcolmW

Hi Spear_3108, I can confirm that no restrictions are in place on your line and that you are NOT being traffic shaped or managed in anyway by BT at any time of the day or night.

A check on your usage tells us that since December your usage pattern changed significantly and shows your uploads were more than your downloads.  This pattern continued through January and into February. This was in stark contrast to the previous 6 months. This may not be a problem if you know what is being uploaded? On the other hand if you were unaware of any change that you made your side then this may be an indication of something a little more worrying! you may have network machines that are infected by viruses, Trojan or spambots. Do you use peer to peer software, VPNs or Stream Audio/Video from servers from your network?

Update your antivirus software and ensure a full system scan are carried out on all machines connected to this line.

Without a doubt this would cause you to see slower speeds than you were used to before the change.

Let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind Regards

Mal